Spam Popping Up

Buszaj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Have you guys and gals noticed that over the past few days we've been getting a lot of spam threads? I realize that the Mods do their best, but we should try to think of some ways to fix this. Oh well, what u gonna do?

things can be done during the registration process. Like add one of those sections where you have to type in the crazy distorted text. Might work :shrug:

all the spam is bots. if we added a picture text thing there's be almost no spam. I noticed the difference a few weeks ago...but compared the the forum I used to hang out with...it's pretty ridiculous. It's not the mods that are responsible...it's Admin. The registration process needs to be changed.

Rest assured that those of us who get to clean up after the spammers are doing our level best to keep it under control, but as mentioned, the last few days have been particularly bad. Yesterday was the single worst day I've had to deal with.

Can't comment on the bot thing - Chase & Karissa will have to comment on whether anything can be done, but I most other forums I partake in don't suffer as badly as we do round here at times, so my suspicion is that more may be possible to protect the forum in the background.

things can be done during the registration process. Like add one of those sections where you have to type in the crazy distorted text. Might work :shrug:

I agree, a good captcha for sign ups would be an excellent idea. I can't remember for the life of me if this site already has that, though...

all the spam is bots. if we added a picture text thing there's be almost no spam. I noticed the difference a few weeks ago...but compared the the forum I used to hang out with...it's pretty ridiculous. It's not the mods that are responsible...it's Admin. The registration process needs to be changed.
I'm an Admin, and according to our registration options on my admin control panel, we DO have this feature in place. You're a fairly new member....do you not recall having to do this? If it's checked but not functioning, that's a different issue and I need to be made aware. Thanks!

yes you do have to type in a silly code

and yes I'm am lostprophet :lol:

Thanks for checking.

Wanna be banned, little boy? :eyebrows:

you can try but i'm pretty quick with the ol' banning finger myself ;)

Maybe a long shot, but can we check to see if there are any common IP addressed where all this is coming from? Could we then restrict registration?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back