Spam Popping Up

The spam I get on my blog tends to come from a common address for a short time before it changes. I've had well over 4k bits of spam in less than a year.

It's not too hard to programme a bot to read images, as can be seen by it making no difference. I'm not sure how to help other than advise someone going to the VBB site and asking for advice in their forum so others who have dealt with this problem can help.

Maybe a long shot, but can we check to see if there are any common IP addressed where all this is coming from? Could we then restrict registration?
They're from all over the world. Seems to come in waves at times. I can run a name and check all IP's attached to it - and vice versa. I will ban an IP when it's commonly used for spam. I've had up to 17 names associated with an IP addy, all spamming our favorite Nokia phones, as I recall - and all within a week's time.

They're from all over the world. Seems to come in waves at times. I can run a name and check all IP's attached to it - and vice versa. I will ban an IP when it's commonly used for spam. I've had up to 17 names associated with an IP addy, all spamming our favorite Nokia phones, as I recall - and all within a week's time.

I know I have reported a couple of the Nokia ones :D, but with spam like that I personally would go straight to the IP ban because of how likely the chances of reuse are.

Most reactions

Back