Speaking of cliched photos...

If your focus (see what I did there?) is the ear tags, then selective color (i.e.; the B&W version with yellow tags) is the way I'd do it. Your son will love it.

Make sure the name is in crisp focus, SC the tags, and print it large enough so people can easily read the name.

If you are planning this as a formal gift, then mat and frame it as well.

I'd totally Andy Warhol the hell out of that picture! :D ...........

gold-earrings1andy.jpg

That's a start! But I envision only four versions with more blocks of color - more like the iconic Marilyn Monroe piece. And the earrings need to be in different colors for each version!

That's a start! But I envision only four versions with more blocks of color - more like the iconic Marilyn Monroe piece. And the earrings need to be in different colors for each version!

gold-earrings1_4.jpg

There you go! After somebody said Warhol I was thinking that'd be a good subject for my Pop 9!

Anyway, I like the color version better. Maybe this is why! lol the B&W version is getting silly. In the B&W it made me think of gold earrings (before I even got this far into the thread). Suppose it depends if you want it for him to display for some time, or just for fun.

You know, I might consider a large print in color to frame for display someplace in his home, and a small B&W & golden 'earring' photo for - I don't know, to put in a small frame to put wherever? on a desk or something? or mug? T shirt?

I liked the color version better until I saw what the_traveler just did. My husband works on a ranch (of sorts), but this cow is much cleaner looking than theirs.

If your son prefers Black Angus, why not a color version of one with a white background?

I like the B&W version the best, but if it were mine, I would NOT leave the tags in color. I realize you want them to "stand out," but if you print this large enough, they will be easy enough to see anyway.
If I just really felt the need to leave those tags in color, I think I would at least desaturate that yellow a bit.

But honestly, I think the Andy Warhol tetraptych (not even sure that's a real word!) just blows all the other versions out of the water. Or out of the cow pasture, anyway.

Most reactions

Back