Speaking of protection. Camera Damage Insurance

eyeye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So speaking of protection. Does anyone buy extra accidental damage coverage when you buy an expensive piece of camera equipment?

Nope. It's overpriced for one. Plus it's usually not worth it unless you're regularly in situations that risk damaging the equipment. Under those circumstances, the insurance probably wouldn't apply anyway.

Contact you insurance agent. You can add it on as a rider to you homeowners insurance or I have a separate policy from State Farm called a Personal Articles Policy.
Personal articles

It's about $12 a year per every $1000 of covered equipment. Covers loss, theft and accidental damage with no deductable.

hey thanks, will have hubby call our agent and see if we can add something

I have business insurance through State farm It costs me $25 a month, and it not only covers my equipment if ANYTHING happens to it, but it also covers me, if someone sues me for something that has to do with the company. Such as their wedding photos didn't turnout/got lost/sucked. Not a bad idea to have.

I have business insurance through State farm It costs me $25 a month, and it not only covers my equipment if ANYTHING happens to it, but it also covers me, if someone sues me for something that has to do with the company. Such as their wedding photos didn't turnout/got lost/sucked. Not a bad idea to have.

Thanks for bringing up that point. I forgot to mention it earlier that mine is for personal use and not business and that business insurance is a totally different thing. :D

I pay nothing more. It's a rider on my current house insurance. All they ask are serial #s and pics of my equipment. It even covers if I drop my camera or if someone steals it as I am seconding as a free wedding photographer... as long as I am not being paid anything that happens, I am covered, in the USA or Canada.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back