Specs for New K-3 Leaked

Pentax makes some nice equipment.. just not sure about their naming conventions though. I mean what happens when they finally come out with the K-1 - do they stop making cameras? Lol

Everyone is wondering that, lol. I wonder what they will call the new FF body that's due out soon...

I was talking to a a buddy of mine who shoots pentax, he insisted that when they get down to K-1 they will most likely switch letters, and the next one will be an L-30 or something along those lines. So I told him I had the perfect ad for pentax.

"Pentax. We make a fine camera. We also enjoy Bingo"

He hung up on me.. lol

Pentax makes some nice equipment.. just not sure about their naming conventions though. I mean what happens when they finally come out with the K-1 - do they stop making cameras? Lol

Everyone is wondering that, lol. I wonder what they will call the new FF body that's due out soon...

As long as they don't call it the K-Y, I'll be OK with it...

I was talking to a a buddy of mine who shoots pentax, he insisted that when they get down to K-1 they will most likely switch letters, and the next one will be an L-30 or something along those lines. So I told him I had the perfect ad for pentax.

He hung up on me.. lol

He hung up on me.. lol

But just imagine the ad's you could write for that.. lol

But just imagine the sort of ads you could write for that.. lol

Wow, I wonder how I managed to put my response in there twice like that, lol.

"The new, super-slick Pentax K-Y: it lasts as long as you do."

So, now that I've played with my new K-3 for a few hours, I already know I made the right decision when I compulsively ordered it. It's GRRREAT! AF is much faster. The VF is wonderful. Live View is vastly improved. Balance is a lot better. The controls are more ergonomically placed. The fit and finish is absolutely top-notch. And, I can fit all my fingers on it without a battery grip! Money well spent! :) :)

So, now that I've played with my new K-3 for a few hours, I already know I made the right decision when I compulsively ordered it. It's GRRREAT! AF is much faster. The VF is wonderful. Live View is vastly improved. Balance is a lot better. The controls are more ergonomically placed. The fit and finish is absolutely top-notch. And, I can fit all my fingers on it without a battery grip! Money well spent! :) :)

Good for you. Enjoy

Pentax usually come up with the goods
3.jpg

There is a review/test of this camera in the current (January) PopPhoto, hidden on page 82.

There is a review/test of this camera in the current (January) PopPhoto, hidden on page 82.

I probably shouldn't read it. I just spent a bit of coin adding a new lens to my nikon setup and just shouldn't start daydreaming about getting another system at this stage lol

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I probably shouldn't read it. I just spent a bit of coin adding a new lens to my nikon setup and just shouldn't start daydreaming about getting another system at this stage lol

It's fairly comparable to the D7100, so I don't think you'll be too tempted, lol.

It's fairly comparable to the D7100, so I don't think you'll be too tempted, lol.

The 7100 will almost certainly be my next upgrade - especially now that I'm about to have at least a good start on a halfway decent collection of Nikon glass, but I have to admit I've been tempted to pick up a pentax at some point as well - probably not the wisest thing to do from a financial standpoint but I have some friends who shoot pentax and they are always raving about them. I guess I look at it kind of like owning more than one car, they do basically the same thing but depending on my mood sometimes one is more fun to drive than the other for various reasons. But that will most likely be quite a bit further down the road, once I've got my Nikon system setup to my liking.

I'm like that with motorcycles. Pentax has always gone down a somewhat different road from the big 2, and it seems that Ricoh is allowing this course to continue. I especially love the very fine all-metal Limited prime lenses (although there is the brand new 20-40mm Ltd zoom). These lenses are very compact (and therefore only moderately fast) and produce very nice images. I like a light, compact kit, which helps ensure that I actually have something other than my smart phone with me when a photo op crops up.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back