Vieri

Fine Art Landscape Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Iceland is so amazing, landscapes and geology are unforgettable, but what makes all the difference is the light - it's just spectacular, and unlike any other light I have ever worked with.

This is Reynisfjara Beach at sunrise, taken in Iceland last February. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra.

SL2_1795.jpg

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Vieri, I don't know how you do it....this photo makes me cold on one side and warm on the other. Looks like you captured two seasons in one shot, very, very, nice! :encouragement:

Another gorgeous shot!
My family from Florida, USA are in Sorrento today and Wednesday morn, then Venice..where are you ?

Beautiful image...

Thank you very much Jeff, glad you liked it! :)

Vieri, I don't know how you do it....this photo makes me cold on one side and warm on the other. Looks like you captured two seasons in one shot, very, very, nice! :encouragement:

Thank you very much indeed Jeff, this was meant to give the feeling of Iceland as the land of ice and fire, I am glad my photograph could pass that feeling to you! :)

Another gorgeous shot!
My family from Florida, USA are in Sorrento today and Wednesday morn, then Venice..where are you ?

Thank you very much indeed Nancy, glad you enjoyed it! :) I live in the center of Italy, in Le Marche's hills :)

An excellent image that as Jeff G suggests has a beautiful transition from cold to warm.

Nominated for POTM.

Thank you very much indeed, glad you enjoyed the tones and thank you for the POTM nomination, much appreciated indeed! :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Love the intensity of the glowing sun as it slowly sweeps over the darkness.

Love the intensity of the glowing sun as it slowly sweeps over the darkness.

Thank you very much indeed, I am glad you enjoyed it! :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Absolutely Gorgeous Sun!

beautiful. just curious, how much post time does a shot like that take?

Absolutely Gorgeous Sun!

Thank you very much indeed, glad yo enjoyed it! :)

Amazing Shot!

Thank you very much Reza, much appreciated! :)

beautiful. just curious, how much post time does a shot like that take?

Thank you very much indeed jc, glad you liked it! :) Post-processing - as many, I prefer to spend my time out in the field shooting, and therefore to keep my post-processing to the minimum necessary. During the years, I developed (and teach) a very time-effective workflow to bring all my images from starting point to, say, 80% of their potential (good enough for FB, quick social posting, and so on). Finishing them up takes an additional time which differs from one image to the next.

To do so, I use physical glass filters in the field, rather than multiple exposures and the like, which immediately cuts post-processing time a great deal. Because I need perfectly clean files ready to print, keeping sensor, lenses and filters clean also saves me a lot of time, since cleaning files is probably the most time consuming (and tedious) part of my post-processing work. Coming to the post-processing work proper, I do most of my work in Camera Raw, mostly with brushes, and keep Photoshop for my finishing touches only. I don't keep tabs for each image, and I process my images in batches and by phases (such as, first pass of post on all images / second pass on all images / and so on, rather than doing one from start to finish and then move to the next), so I can't really be sure; however, generally I spend an average of 20-30 minutes per photo, I think, with some more time-consuming than others.

Since post-processing can be very intimidating for many photographers, during my Workshops I always do an exercise where me and all participants have to choose an image and work on it for 10 minutes only - we then compare results, and I explain how I got to where I got. This seems to be very useful, so I might suggest you to do the same on your own, and try and speed things up as you progress - of course, to do so the first thing you need to have clear in mind is what you want your photograph to look like, and that is not always evident or easy to decide upfront, causing people to loose a lot of time in trial and error.

Hope this helps! :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Most reactions

Back