Speed Painting - A Time Lapse of The Genesis of a Painting by Igor Oleinikov

drymartini

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is a link to a time lapse (my first one) I recently shot for the Berlin based artist Igor Oleinikov.
I used 2 canon 5d markii and 1 canon 7d and a dolly.
Please rate and comment!
For maximum pleasure watch on youtube to choose full screen and full hd!

Last edited by a moderator:
really funny... i would like to call them "time trim" than time lapse :D

As a painter i really wanted to see the final outcome

Regards :D

Last edited:
Frequency, thank you for your comment!
You r right, time trim is probably more appropriate in this case.
Have you checked his website http://www.igor-oleinikov.com ?All the paintings there r in their final stage ;)
there will be more to come, stay tuned...
best regards from berlin!

Last edited:
At the 2:59 mark, I was becoming very bored. I watched,and waited with little fulfillment until the 4:00 mark, and then To Be Continued flashed on-screen. I feel like I just wasted 4,5,6 minutes of my day on this. The original Part 1 is wayyyyyy to long and boring. Major disappointment on my end.

sorry, but i didn't force you to watch it. i got the point though. hope u spent the rest of the year better, otherwise it would be a major disappointment.

sorry, but i didn't force you to watch it. i got the point though. hope u spent the rest of the year better, otherwise it would be a major disappointment.

Yes, watching dull,boring videos like this for more than one or two viewings would be a MAJOR waste of time. Cut 35% off of this piece and MAYBE some viewers could stomach it. It is far,far too long with ZERO payoff. YOU might be fascinated by it, but from a viewer's standpoint, there is almost ZERO reward.

YOU asked us to "please rate and comment". I rate this a 2.5 out of 10.

Great time lapse, I am also learning time lapse, how long did it take you to do this time lapse. I see you started in one position & move to another position and started another time lapse sequence. I am also planning to purchase the Canon 7D. I am using a Canon SX120 a point & shoot camera but found out thru google that there is a way to open up these Canon camera's to do more. It is called "CHDK" now I can do time lapse, motion detection and many more without purchasing extra equipment. I know you can do only so much with the point & shoot but at least with this I can do more.

hello therese, thank u for ur comment! i didn't quite understand ur question. i'll try to answer anyway: the shooting took 4 days (that's how long the artist needed for painting). the photo editing aswell as the cutting in final cut took one day. i recommend lightroom for editing and exporting the movie. this way you only have to edit one picture and can sync all of them at once. here is a tutorial i learnt a lot from: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM7EJZ-8HWw

hello therese, thank u for ur comment! i didn't quite understand ur question. i'll try to answer anyway: the shooting took 4 days (that's how long the artist needed for painting). the photo editing aswell as the cutting in final cut took one day. i recommend lightroom for editing and exporting the movie. this way you only have to edit one picture and can sync all of them at once. here is a tutorial i learnt a lot from: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM7EJZ-8HWw

Thanks drymartini for the link will have a look into lightroom.

u r welcome. let me know when u post ur time-lapse. would like to see it :)

Most reactions

Back