SPEED!!!

PuppY_K1ck3R

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a panning shot for u guys. C&C always welcome.
DSC_8487artgino.jpg

My eyes are burning. Does the contrast have to be that high? <- just my opinion. The photo is good though.

that doesn't look like you really panned it. Looks like a photoshop job. Around the front of the helmet looks like a quick layer erase job. As for the overall image, it has a 'neat' appeal. in my opinion, a little far from a photograph, but a neat image nonetheless, and something that could be used appropriately in advertising or design.

whats up with the colors??
not to bad for a first panning shot, needs some improvement, ie moving with the subject better.

that doesn't look like you really panned it. Looks like a photoshop job. Around the front of the helmet looks like a quick layer erase job. As for the overall image, it has a 'neat' appeal. in my opinion, a little far from a photograph, but a neat image nonetheless, and something that could be used appropriately in advertising or design.

The real photograph turned out good but the colors were really mute so I
stylized it. I put a hue/saturation and also a levels mask. Im making myself a coffee table book all about Nor Cal Skateboarding and other boarding sessions. These are pics of my friends.

I just had my first panning session last weekend. I was like 3.5/60. I had the same problems you did, some of the pictures I took I was really happy with the edges around my subject, but I didnt even realize I was over/underexposing the photo because I was so focused on panning, so the colors were off. I like what you did to change it up though.

Ideally, (at least in my opinion) you would have the subject in perfect focus with no motion blur and the background blurred from the speed. This is of course very difficult, and you got a pretty decent picture.

I think the color adjustment ruins it for me though. I feel that an artsy photograph that uses colors like that needs to be carefully planned (if they work at all) and not because the regular colors weren't good.

Just my opinion though. Keep it up.

Ideally, (at least in my opinion) you would have the subject in perfect focus with no motion blur and the background blurred from the speed. This is of course very difficult, and you got a pretty decent picture.

I think the color adjustment ruins it for me though. I feel that an artsy photograph that uses colors like that needs to be carefully planned (if they work at all) and not because the regular colors weren't good.

Just my opinion though. Keep it up.

Very helpful much appreciated :sexywink:

Most reactions

Back