speed

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i use a t1 connection at work and cable modem at home. i've been testing this out for a few nights both work and at home and have noticed that of all the sites i've opened, this one is the slowest. is anyone else experiencing this?

You just read my mind, I was just comming here to post a speed topic and it was already there! STRANGE
I even just called my isp and had them check the line speeds and they swear that I'm posting great times. This is really one of the only places I have been so I wasn't sure if it was me or this site.......
babble babble babble....

Oh ya yes I'v been finding this site very slow.
Ali

Fully a question for the Mod's and or higher ups. I get the sneaking suspicion that the forum runs on some Linux server in the middle of Australia. Then again I know nothing of the internet. And I run the ol' dialup. I do not know what fast is.

I saw that coming. I am just a Mac user that thinks os X is the poop.

I would like to hear peoples feelings on the Linux and or Mac's partnership. And the same goes for Windows OS.

Again; I feel that Apple could not have survived without the advent of OS X and the Linux code.

P.S Wait until "Tiger" comes out!!!

The site has had a few problems with speed since Christmas. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's gotten bigger than Chase ever thought it would? Or maybe the hamsters are taking more tea breaks? It's more than useable for me though. Just now and then pages take a while to load. :)

We're on a pretty light-weight server and have already talked about migrating to something with a little more horsepower, so that will likely be in the plans in the not-to-distant future. Just more fun when migrating from one to another....oh joy! :lol:

craig said:
I saw that coming. I am just a Mac user that thinks os X is the poop.

I would like to hear peoples feelings on the Linux and or Mac's partnership. And the same goes for Windows OS.

Again; I feel that Apple could not have survived without the advent of OS X and the Linux code.

P.S Wait until "Tiger" comes out!!!

Just a clarification... OSX is not partenered with Linux. OSX runs on Darwin, which is Apple's own variation of Unix. Not Linux. Oh, and OSX is NOT the poop! :p

Thanks for the clarification Unimaxium. I thought Apple/linux would be a beautiful relationship. I also did not know that Linux and Unix were different companies. Clearly my knowledge of computers and the internet is a little shallow, but hey you have to learn some how.

Maybe arguing which OS is better is kind of like arguing politics. You could go on and on with no correct answer. But... MAC RULES!!!

Actually, I believe that OSX is a modification of one of the BSDs (either freeBSD or netBSD)

And I run both windows and linux and my oppinon is that people will run what suits them. I like linux cause it is way more customizable, but it ain't perfect!

I haven't noticed the speed issue since I'm stuck with dial-up for the next week or so and everything's slow!
I'm going to miss pounding the table and screaming profanities at my computer! FYI and in case you didn't know, patience is not my chief virtue! :wink:

Most reactions

Back