Speedlight

LarryMartin830

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well i got the stuff in my sig and well i really want a external flash...but i am not 100% sure what i should get..i just want a starter flash then once i get a new cam body i will get more flash's i plan on getting 1 master and 2 slaves if that matters..what would be a good starter and i don't want a SB-400...

The SB-600 is a nice flash. It has plenty of power and is reletivley cheap compared to other flash units.

It will do you good, and youll most likely end up getting a few more for the slaves.
Im not sure if the D40 can controll slave units, If it doesnt, youll need an SB-800 to controll the other flashes.

The SB-600 is a nice flash. It has plenty of power and is reletivley cheap compared to other flash units.

It will do you good, and youll most likely end up getting a few more for the slaves.
Im not sure if the D40 can controll slave units, If it doesnt, youll need an SB-800 to controll the other flashes.
in the long run i will be getting a D200 or D80 and like i said this will be me first flash i just wanna get one since i don't have one

I dont know if I would go for an SB-800. They are discontinued so finding one is hard. The last price I saw for these popular flashes is $700+. So as you can tell the prices skyrocketed.

I would say go for a SB-600 or SB-900.

I dont know if I would go for an SB-800. They are discontinued so finding one is hard. The last price I saw for these popular flashes is $700+. So as you can tell the prices skyrocketed.

I would say go for a SB-600 or SB-900.
well theres tons of the SB-800's on ebay i think i am from $250-340 im just going to save then just buy it one...how dose the Sb-800 handel?

Last edited:
Im not sure about the SB-800, but the Sb-600 is enough to do most anything indoors, and is enough to shoot a basketball game from the 3rd row.

THe only thing stopping me from getting a SB-800 or SB-900 is the price. If they come down a bit, I may get one.

Im not sure about the SB-800, but the Sb-600 is enough to do most anything indoors, and is enough to shoot a basketball game from the 3rd row.

THe only thing stopping me from getting a SB-800 or SB-900 is the price. If they come down a bit, I may get one.
oh really? well i think in the long run i want the SB-800 as the master and use 2 SB-600s for the slaves

Most reactions

New Topics

Back