Speedlite 430EX II Problem

B.A.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone-

I'm having an issue with my Speedlite 430EX II- I can't get it to fire. I used it about two weeks ago with absolutely no issues. I went to use it today and it won't fire. I swapped out the batteries, made sure it was afixed correctly to the camera (XSi 450d), but no dice. I read the manual and the only other suggestion is to clean the contact points. I've done that, but still can't get the unit to fire. I figured maybe someone here might have some experience with a similar issue and some suggestions.

Any help for the new guy would be much appreciated.

It doesn't fire off-camera when you hit the Pilot lamp/test fire button?

No, the Pilot light is not even lit.

If the batteries are fresh and installed the right way but the Pilot lamp isn't even lit, the Speedlite is dead/defective. Contact Canon for warranty replacement.

The old batteries didn't leak, right? If they did then the battery manufacturer owes you a new Speedlite.

No battery leak as far as I can tell. I called Canon and even they said it was strange because usually when the Speedlite display will turn, the flash will function. I'm sending it in on Monday and I should have it back in about 7-10 business days. Thanks for your help!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back