Speedotron Studio in a Box

Village Idiot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm selling a Speedotron Blackline setup that I used for a bit over a year. I'm selling it because the weight is an issue for a purely on location photographer. I've already purchased some Dynalite gear and I'm selling this to fund more packs and heads. Right now, I'm not piecing it out. I'm going to see what kind of offers I get on it before I do that or go the EBAY route.

This includes:
Pelican 1654 with dividers
Speedotron Blackline 1205cx pack
Speedotron Blackine 405 pack
5 Speedotron Blackline 202VF heads, 2 with new mounts on them
a grid
Misc reflectors
a speedring insert that was drilled to work with a Kacey Beauty dish
one additional new mount with handle
two older mounts
5 pack to head cables
2 power cables for the packs

This does not include the two sync cables. If I can find it, I have a chimera speed ring that I will throw in as well.

I'm asking for $2,500 OBO.

Shipping will be at the buyer's expense unless a deal can be worked out. The Pelican case fully loaded weighs over 100lbs, IIRC. I'll grab a scale and weigh it when I have a free moment. Last time I shipped something that heavy, it cost me about $100.

I live in the Eastern Panhandle of WV and often travel between Morgantown, WV, Baltimore, MD, and Washington, DC, so if there's a local buyer, I'm willing to driver a certain distance to meet them.

Pelican 1654 with dividers:

Loaded with heads, packs, and cables:

1205CX pack side:

1205CX pack top:

405 pack side:

405 pack top:

202VF head, no modeling light switch:

202VF head, new mount:

202VF head new mount:

202VF head:

202VF head:

5 Cables, 2 newer cables with locking collars on both sides:

5 of the 8 head handles:

Grid:

Various reflectors:

New mount + 2 old in boxes:

Most everything:

Bump-

Wow someone is going to get a nice set-up.

I really thought long and hard (for about 5 minutes) on keeping the Pelican, but with downsizing, the same amount of lights for my dynalite setup would fit into a smaller space and the weight of the case was a bit of an issue so I'll probably end up wit a smaller Pelican case. The 1654 is a perfect fit for this setup though. You could probably even fit another 1200w/s pack in there instead of the 400, which was my ultimate goal before deciding that I didn't have the room to keep a mule in my back yard.

Most reactions

Back