Spend how much time in Badlands, Utah?

EricBrian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so for my team's retreat this September, we are planning on going to Yellowstone. And, since it is relatively close to Utah, I am thinking about taking some time to shot some pictures of the Badlands (Monument Valley). Anybody been there? How much time should I figure on spending there?

I figure a day to drive down to Utah and a day to drive back. Then about 2 days to shoot pics. That sound about right?

I am already excited about this. Can you tell? LOL

How long?

As long as you can I think is the best advice ;) Even without going there its always best to spend as long in a place as you can - the longer you are there the more chance that you will see something good!
Also try to get off the beaten trail if you can - many people wander along the same routs, see the same sight point and shoot == to get those really craking shots you have to wander off the trail or move to a different location or angle (lower down is often good to try as it gives a view of a subject that we don't normally see).
I remember one bit of advice in a book I read which was when you first get on site and see something amazing (this was in the landscaping section) don't shoot. Wait and scout out the sight and then shoot - that way you have a better chance of finding and interesting angle

Have fun! (dawns and sunsets are the best times -- 1 hour before or after)

Most reactions

Back