Spent my afternoon with two kids. Fun pics!

EJBPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I photographed two siblings the other day- going for more relaxed natural photographs- nothing posed really. Did completely different treatments on each. CC would be lovely, but I'm not going to post the settings so I understand if it's hard to give. I was shooting with a pretty shallow aperture most of the time and at pretty fast shutterspeeds cause the sun was INTENSE... which caused a lot of shadows and was frustrating. Any tips for shooting in full sun would be appreciated.

Here's the girl... muted the colors. Didn't expect to, but I love how the warm vintage-y look feels.

molly2.jpg

molly3.jpg

molly4.jpg

And the color popped ones... hate that I have such uneven light on the dragon and wish he was a little more OOF, but I'm pretty sure I was shooting wide open then. Maybe I was shooting at f/2... Anyway, I know color pop is not as popular at this forum ;) But it is what it is.

ian1.jpg

ian2.jpg

ian3.jpg

Thanks so much for looking!!! :)

I think they're all wonderful!

I love the "vintage-y" colors in the girl's photos, too, and the intense colors for the boy.

EDIT: I can't stop looking at these photos...I think they're my favorite of everything I've seen on TPF.

They are both wonderful images and beautiful children.
You should be very proud.

I don't mean to sound offensive to other people on the forum, but I dislike seeing just "snappy" shots of kids and pets.
But these are so much more. They really are.

I know it's a niggle and something that sometimes has to be done, but the tag on these distracted me from the shots sometimes.

As said above, the colours are fabulous.
I like the tilted angles aswell, which alot of people don't usually like.

Great series.
Take care of them :)

They are both wonderful images and beautiful children.
You should be very proud.

I don't mean to sound offensive to other people on the forum, but I dislike seeing just "snappy" shots of kids and pets.
But these are so much more. They really are.

I know it's a niggle and something that sometimes has to be done, but the tag on these distracted me from the shots sometimes.

As said above, the colours are fabulous.
I like the tilted angles aswell, which alot of people don't usually like.

Great series.
Take care of them :)

Agreed 100%

That's so much for the awesome feedback! :) Sometimes I get afraid to post a bit "funkier" stuff here because sometimes TPF can be a bit more on the traditional end of photography, but it's good to see there are people here who like a bit more of this kind of thing! The 'day in the life feel' of these with the tilted crops and inusual conversions can be scary sometimes to post, but what wonderful comments I've recieved! Thank you so much for all of you taking the time to post to me.

cal_gunder: That's an AWESOME compliment, thank you so much :) I might be a little bias... but I find these addicting to the eye as well for some reason haha.

Gizmo and sw1tch: thanks so much for the awesome compliments- gizmo for saying all that aht sw1tch for agreeing- haha :) I don't mean to sound offensive either but i know what you mean about 'snappy' shots ;)

I hate putting tags.. its such a shame, but unfortunately I've had some friends recently who had their photos stolen. There was a woman with a children portrait business who was using them all on her website! Kind of scary. Also just to keep the kids a bit safer from any kind of predator, I think it helps. I try to keep them pretty small, and yet relatively hard to detag but I'm sure someone could if they wanted to enough. I've detagged my own to see how simple it would be and it's definitely not too hard as I'm sure you could imagine!

Thanks so much though.

Deebo: Thanks so much for commenting :) I was worried about the shadow across in his chest in 6. I struggle so much with harsh light- is that okay to have something like that? Not overly distracting to the eye? Thanks again!

I think they're all wonderful!

I love the "vintage-y" colors in the girl's photos, too, and the intense colors for the boy.

EDIT: I can't stop looking at these photos...I think they're my favorite of everything I've seen on TPF.

I have to agree with ^ 100%

LOL I'm gonna ditto zendianah's echo of cal_gundert05 ;)

Wow thats a wonderful compliment! :) Thank you two so much. I'm really flattered.

Most reactions

Back