Spider Eclipse

ognistik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
"Spider Eclipse"

spid.jpg

As simple as it looks took me forever to get it... done with a telephoto at 300mm. In the back a far away light fare gave the right light. Didn't use higher exposure because I wanted the web to be visible.

The softness/haloing of the moon coupled with the barely discernible web kind of confuse the eye for me. I think if the web stood out a bit more and the moon was either in focus or a lot more blurred it'd make for a stronger shot. Really nice idea

haha... well, sorry, english is my first language so probably I used the wrong word while explaining about the light source... it is not the moon, it is a street lamp standing somewhere far away. Because of not focusing on the street lamp the light was blurred and that's the reason of the haloing - and the size of it.

I wonder how would the real moon had been if using it for the light source... probably something similar. I don't think a higher F number would have given me a better "focused" result: the light would have probably been reduced to it's real size, probably for a completely different concept. But perhaps the moon would have been easier to blur out... trying to blur the street lamp I used only gives me "light circles"

glad you liked it

Neat idea! I would like to see the moon over a little further to the LH corner, its current placement is a bit odd. Great shot nonetheless!

Most reactions

Back