Spider in my shed

jriepe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am a new member joining just a few minutes ago. My favorite type of photography is macro and I have seen some super shots on this forum. For macro I use either/or the D80, D7000 with the 180mm Tamron lens and a macro flash bracket and two SB600 speedlights. I will get started by posting an image of an orb weaver spider that was hanging around in my storage shed for a couple months.

Jerry

OrbWeaver008copy.jpg

SpidersHead_filteredcopy.jpg

My thoughts:

#1 is interesting to look at, but the spider is in an awkward position and/or the camera is at an awkward angle.

#2 is awesome!!! Very good job with this one.

These pictures would definitely give someone with a huge fear of spiders a heart-attack. I squirmed a little when I saw the first. As creepy as the second one is, I'm finding macros of spider heads really interesting.

I agree the position of the first is awkward, but the second is great!

Thanks all for the comments. As far as position on the first image the spider was on the upper window casing facing down. Guess I could have moved closer, got lower and shot face on but I would have had to move some things out of the way like a gas grill, lawn mower, etc. The spider hung around for a couple months either on the casing or on it's web but it was always facing down.

Jerry

Most reactions

Back