Spider & Lizard C&C please

Puma

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Hey, I tried my hand at a couple of macro pics today sittin by the pool.

I caught this regal spider and put him on the raft to take the pic. He kept jumping on my lens and was pretty fun to work with.
editspider.jpg

This next one is of an anole I found sunbathing on the fence, he was a very small baby lizard, no longer than and inch and a half
editlizard.jpg

Please tell me what you think of these two pics. I can handle it. :)

Thanks in advance,
-Puma-

The heptagon is actually easily fixable in post-processing. The issue with the spider photo, in my opinion, is that the focus is on the front legs, not the head. It's a very original image of a bug due to the crazy colours.

The lizard photo I like very much, because of the colourful subject and also the fence/rust, with a dark background that makes the subject pop. It seems a tad yellow to me (maybe a WB issue?) and maybe also a tad dark, but both issues are also easily fixable.

Good work. What kind of equipment did you use for these macros?

I have done a little bit postwork on these. The lizard one was even darker than this. I wasnt ready to take it, but I caught him out of the corner of my eye and took it before he ran away, which he did.

The spider one was actually taken on a floating raft in the pool, hence the funky colors. I thought they were a cool touch for the picture. I have a grasshopper done the same way.

But yes I agree I could do some more work on these. The lizard one is probably as bright as I can get it woithout alot of noise showing up. I will try some things with it and see what I can do. I will also try to get that lens flare off the spider pic.

Equipment:
Nikon d80
Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 lens
Extension tubes
Thats it.

-Puma-

I like the lizard, but I'm more than curious why the heck you were letting that big fuzzy bug jump on your lens! :lmao:

Most reactions

Back