Spider Monkey (Warning: Graphic - blood)

Stormchase

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I was out for a peaceful morning to click on some cute animals at the local zoo. They had a wild "Spider Monkey" exhibit in an enclosure. Had to get up close and personal! I went in and got a few shots then I heard mass monkey commotion! I look up in the tree and one of the monkeys caught a bird that got it and landed on their tree. The bird had a quick passing. (A moment of silence ....) Everyone in there was ducking or running away toward the door. Well I stuck my 70-200 up in the action. They moved so fast I wasn't able to lock focus as good as I wanted but got a couple that kept me looking back at them. mostly when they sat still to enjoy some of their catch. One of the guides told me that this has only happened once at the zoo since it opened. They are strict about diet so as sad as it was... It was a pleasure to be there when this happened.

1) Right before the lunch bell rang.
1QS9A9333.jpg

2) This was one of many parades he did to show off his catch
1QS9A9353.jpg

3) Their teeth are for tearing flesh not apples. They are meat eaters!
1QS9A9381.jpg

4) Not much left of the bird at this point. He still had to walk around showing it off to the monkey family.
1QS9A9396.jpg

Well I hope I didnt offend anyone, If I did let me make it up to you with some cute shots and a Zombie Duck!

1QS9A9451.jpg

1QS9A9227.jpg

1QS9A9263.jpg

Amazing details!! Great closeup!!

Thank you. It was an experience to say the least. First time really shooting with the tamron 2.8 I recently picked up. I think it performs well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back