Spillway waterfall - C/C welcome

Garasaki

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tricky captures these were. A great opportunity to practice framing and building a scene.

Definitely saw things I wish I had done differently while editing. But my 5 year old loves these pics - they'll probably end up on her wall!

I like the general composition and makeup, but they appear overcooked for my taste.

Too bad the rocks are also out of focus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think they are out of focus, much more that something happened during processing -- like a glow was added, or the software "bloomed" it.

I'd like to see the originals, especially the first two.

Thank you all for the feedback!

These were handheld shots. Which is what prompted the "difficult captures" comment. Most of these are with me using a timed shutter and holding the camera, bent over with my arms hanging and the camera held with two hands, inches above the water surface.

They were not sharpened at all. I think the details of the rocks actually take away from the overall scene in this case.

Braineack is right, the "fuzz" is from postprocessed blooming. I can certainly see the "overcooked" feedback. I edited these with the intention to look dreamy and artistic rather than be highly sharp representations of reality.

Here are the first two, with only RAW exposure/lighting tweaking done. And a much more lightly cooked version. Y'all are welcome to edit if you like.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back