Spinning fire, first time.

AK47J

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally tried spinning some steel wool with my lady. Had so much fun and plan on doing it some more.
Photos are in chronological order.
DSC05336.jpg

DSC05337.jpg

DSC05338.jpg

DSC05339.jpg

DSC05341.jpg

DSC05342.jpg

DSC05343.jpg

And the last one we shot is my favorite.
bigfire.jpg

Your photos are haunted.

Cool first attempt. A couple tips. Dial in your focus points. Bring a flash light and pick your spot you (or a friend) are going to spin. Light up the focal point and get a good focus. Then work on getting creative with your spinning. It's pretty fun.

New 3 by Ingerson Photo, on Flickr

Cool first attempt. A couple tips. Dial in your focus points. Bring a flash light and pick your spot you (or a friend) are going to spin. Light up the focal point and get a good focus. Then work on getting creative with your spinning. It's pretty fun.

Thank you. I did do the flashlight thing. Tried letting the camera auto focus on my helper and then setting it to manual so it wouldn't change, don't think that worked very well. Then I tried full manual with a very bright flashlight. But manual focus with the kit lens is a joke. I will try some manual focus glass next time, should work better.

Thank you. I did do the flashlight thing. Tried letting the camera auto focus on my helper and then setting it to manual so it wouldn't change, don't think that worked very well. Then I tried full manual with a very bright flashlight. But manual focus with the kit lens is a joke. I will try some manual focus glass next time, should work better.

Auto focus should be fine. Use a low ISO and keep it F8 or higher aperture. That should sharpen up your light trails. Also think about using the flashlight to paint objects around the area. That's what we did in the one I posted. The location is a turret on a seawall and looked cool added in to the photo.

I look forward to seeing your next attempt.

Auto focus should be fine. Use a low ISO and keep it F8 or higher aperture. That should sharpen up your light trails. Also think about using the flashlight to paint objects around the area. That's what we did in the one I posted. The location is a turret on a seawall and looked cool added in to the photo.

All those shots were at iso 100 and f/10 and a couple at f/13.
Does the painting work best before or after?

All those shots were at iso 100 and f/10 and a couple at f/13.
Does the painting work best before or after?

If that's the case, I'd guess it's the focal point. But still cool work.

Most reactions

Back