Splash! C&C Please!

BTilson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a pic I took a couple of years ago. It has it's flaws, but I always really liked it anyway. The things that I dislike about it are the arm coming in from the right and the fact that it's rather noisy. Despite all that, this is still one of my all time favorites out of my personal work.

splash.jpg

I think you've said most of the things that can be said; on the more technical side, I'll note that the shadow/highlights are rather extreme, and from a compositional point of view, it's better to have people facing into the picture rather than out of it, but I can see the appeal; it's a nice image.

Oddly, I'd almost like to see a crop just of the childs hand hitting the water and the result of same... the rest of the image is fraught with some challenges, as you pointed out... but that splash is cool. Might be some way to crop it interestingly.

BTW,don't feel bad... I have this one shot I took of the side of a box car years back. It's a mess... a train wreck, actually... :lol:, and yet it is one of my favorite shots. I wish I knew then what I knew now so it would have been a better pic, but I do still enjoy it.

I woud LOVE to see this on some good black and white film and developed on some ilford paper in the darkroom. Bet it would be stunning.

That's not a bad idea at all actually... (crop of just the hand) I'll give that a shot.

Thanks for the idea!

Most reactions

Back