Splash Dog Event

Hatch1921

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had some fun shooting the splash dog competition. Wanted to bounce the 5D2 off the concrete as the AF doesn't track well at all. But.. I've always known this... and for my normal work.. it rocks. :)

On to a few shots...

Thanks for looking.
Hatch

Hatch1921-- Professional Photography, Photoshop Video Tutorials, Equipment Reviews, and much more.

Phoenix Pet Expo -01 by hatch1921, on Flickr

Phoenix Pet Expo-02 by hatch1921, on Flickr

Phoenix Pet Expo-03 by hatch1921, on Flickr

Phoenix Pet Expo-04 by hatch1921, on Flickr

Here is one... where the owner... no matter what she tried... the pup was not going to dive in after the ball. It was a riot to watch.

Phoenix Pet Expo by hatch1921, on Flickr

Missed the splash on this one. :(:(:(

More shots here :)
Splash Dogs Competition

Whilst nice shots, I would have liked tighter crops.

I like them all - love the pose and expression captured in No. 3 :thumbup:

Edits, DOF and composition I couldn't agree more. I really enjoyed look at these.

Good job!

Your in my domain now, i shoot lots of dogs and when it gets too dark for the 1D i use my 5D and the best way is to pre focus where you think the action will be
You have some nice shot here :thumbup: i love the interaction in #5

Your in my domain now, i shoot lots of dogs and when it gets too dark for the 1D i use my 5D and the best way is to pre focus where you think the action will be
You have some nice shot here :thumbup: i love the interaction in #5

Thank you very much. Glad you enjoyed the shots. :)
Hatch

Thank you very much Saravin :) I appreciate the comments.
Hatch

What can I say, your images is majestic fine! I have also a dog and it's hard for me to captured great shot. You really have a potential to be a professional animal photographer! Thanks for sharing =)

Had to look at this thread because I wondered what a "Splash Dog Event" was...

Nice shots overall although I think you were a bit late on #4. The dog is barely there.

Tighter crops would have been just a dog floating in the air :)

Agreed. I was actually going to ask for the opposite, wider shots showing the audience/crowds :lol:

I THINK YOU SHOULD GET SOME BOOKS ON POSING AND LIGHTING!

Just kidding. Great shots, Hatch. ;)

3 and 8 are awesome. Love the way the dogs look right before the splash. Great shots.

What can I say, your images is majestic fine! I have also a dog and it's hard for me to captured great shot. You really have a potential to be a professional animal photographer! Thanks for sharing =)
Really nice of you to say JBArts. Just having fun at the event. So glad you enjoyed the images.

Had to look at this thread because I wondered what a "Splash Dog Event" was...

Nice shots overall although I think you were a bit late on #4. The dog is barely there.

Tighter crops would have been just a dog floating in the air :)

Agreed. I was actually going to ask for the opposite, wider shots showing the audience/crowds :lol:

Many thanks. I agree on #4 I caught it at the tail end of the series... no pun intended :) lol The 5D2... love it for 99% of everything I do... but... tracking fast moving objects... it's weak in this department. I can grab some shots.. but... it struggles. I should have shot from the side as well... this would have included the crowd as you mentioned and I think the camera would have had an easier time tracking the dogs... more of a panning motion than trying to capture the shots with the dogs coming straight at me.

I THINK YOU SHOULD GET SOME BOOKS ON POSING AND LIGHTING!
Just kidding. Great shots, Hatch. ;)

You made me laugh out loud for real... :) I appreciate the comments, glad you dig the shots.

3 and 8 are awesome. Love the way the dogs look right before the splash. Great shots.
Thank you very much Mjbine :)

Thanks again all for the kind words. It was a fun event to shoot.
Have a fun week.
Hatch

Most reactions

Back