What's new

Splash!

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Splash!

Pretty happy with this one, I have been practicing the processing, I have a bad habit of making them lose the transparency of the water but I like the balance in this one between contrast and clear.
I'm still set up and going to play more so would love to hear your thoughts!
Thanks for taking a look :)


 
I love what looks like light painting on the right side!
 
Thanks Nandakumar and MLee :)

Agree! Those streaks are way cool :)
 
Nice job, love the shoots out to the right.
 
Thanks Nmoody :)
 
Very neat image - how did you manage to get the water to shoot out sideways - just curious.

WesternGuy
 
A keeper for sure! Very nicely done.
 
Very cool...way to take the water droplet shot and do something different with it. This one goes up to 11! Release one that I can use as my desktop background, lol.
 
The lighting set-up, and the way it defines the drop's impact, is much,much more visually rewarding than in the earlier water drop pics you posted today. Those, the ones where Bear the cat was watching, were not very satisfying...just could not "see anything clearly", and thus they were visually, well...not compelling, let's say. THIS shot, OTOH, has some interesting things going on. The crown, and the streaking, as well as the ripples--all that gives the viewer plenty to see and think about. As in so many types of shots, it's often very much "about the lighting"--and this has good lighting. The earlier set did not.
 
Very neat image - how did you manage to get the water to shoot out sideways - just curious.

WesternGuy
Hey Western, thanks :) I do believe that this happened when two drops fell at almost the same time, a big one and a small one... but I could be wrong lol
A keeper for sure! Very nicely done.
Thanks Flyhigh :)
Very cool, something I have played around with as well. What's your set up?
Thanks Tattrat :)
Here is a pic I took of Bear with a bit of my setup, yes it is flashlights ;) and under the glass I'm dropping on was the bottom of my lava lamp. I'm using onboard flash in this one so settings are : Settings: 1/250 ƒ/13 ISO 400 200 mm



Very cool...way to take the water droplet shot and do something different with it. This one goes up to 11! Release one that I can use as my desktop background, lol.
Thanks PlanetStarbucks :) You are more than welcome to use it as your desktop ;)
The lighting set-up, and the way it defines the drop's impact, is much,much more visually rewarding than in the earlier water drop pics you posted today. Those, the ones where Bear the cat was watching, were not very satisfying...just could not "see anything clearly", and thus they were visually, well...not compelling, let's say. THIS shot, OTOH, has some interesting things going on. The crown, and the streaking, as well as the ripples--all that gives the viewer plenty to see and think about. As in so many types of shots, it's often very much "about the lighting"--and this has good lighting. The earlier set did not.

Thanks Derrel. I wondered about those other shots before I posted them, I had been staring at either shots of waterdrops or waterdrops all day and it was becoming all a blur lol. I should have waited a day and looked again this morning before I posted. There is something I do like in the others, especially the last one I titled Drought (I think it should have been separated from the group all together but alas I jumped the gun posting, not unusual lol ;) )
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom