Sports Photography

sdm19

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am going to be shooting at a Hockey game and want to know what lens out of the ones i listed below would do the best job in the low light of a Hockey arena. Also would you use a flash as well?

prime 50mm f/1.4
28-70mm f/2.8.
100-400mm f/4.5 IS
100mm f/2.8 macro.

Thanks for the help!

I shoot with a Canon 40d.

No flash.
Where will you be sitting? Will you get a corner spot with the glass cutout? or are you in the stands, if you got the corner with the glass cutout i'd go for the 28-70 2.8 because of the length. I would also just incase bring the 100-400, you never know if you got ISO range maybe give it a shot.

The 50 and the 24-70 don't even think of taking the 100-400 but unless you are on top of the action i wouldn't bother, just watch the match your lenses are not long enough

No flash.
Where will you be sitting? Will you get a corner spot with the glass cutout? or are you in the stands, if you got the corner with the glass cutout i'd go for the 28-70 2.8 because of the length. I would also just incase bring the 100-400, you never know if you got ISO range maybe give it a shot.

I'M NOT SURE WHERE I WILL BE SET UP. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO THIS RINK BEFORE. THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Why wouldn't you bring all 4 and see which one works best when you get there?

I WAS PLANNING ON IT BUT I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS A FAVORITE LENS FOR THIS TYPE OF SHOOT. THANKS!

Why wouldn't you bring all 4 and see which one works best when you get there?

I WAS PLANNING ON IT BUT I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS A FAVORITE LENS FOR THIS TYPE OF SHOOT. THANKS!

If i was shooting it i would use my 70-200F2.8L on one body and 300F2.8L on another body

Most reactions

Back