Spring 2006

Thanks everyone. Willpops, un million de mercis! I read through each comment. I agree with most of what you've said. Some I have to think over. One question, how do you avoid the "hotspots" when shooting in practice?

oh nose what a lovely pictures you have here..
i love all the series..

keep it up!

great series.... 1, 10, 12, & 19 all stand out to my particular tastes... really enjoyed those ones... thanks for sharing... :thumbup:

To avoid the hotspots, you have to expose on them (press half the shutter (not sure of the word) with having high lights in the center, then while pressing it still, compose your picture like you want it to be composed).
But while exposing for the high lights, you'll probably under-expose shadows. Everything depends on what photometry mode you're using : the spot mode will give you great contrasts if there is high and low lights in the frame, whereas the average & multi modes (maybe other names, depending on the camera) will try to make an average exposure.
But digital sensor's dynamic is very low, so often hotspots appear. The two solutions I know is to expose 2 times (one for shadows and one for highlights, then make a single picture with PS), or to modify your composition.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back