Spring bloom - Macro shots

Alex_Reality

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello TPF. I am new around these parts of the net and I hope my time here will be enjoyable. As a first, I would like to show you some of my best shots from yesterday's biking and photograph session. I've attempted flower close ups for a while now and these are some of my bet yet. They were shot with my Sony DSC-R1 on macro mode with aperture priority selected.

1. I like the composition on this one:
Picture010.jpg

2. Vivid colors but something bothers me about it:

3. From here on I'll let the pictures talk for themselves.

4. I consider this to be my best of the day:

Picture053.jpg

Picture054.jpg

Please understand that these were not edited yet so they are in their original state (I prefer to have as much of the original shot in a final picture as possible without cropping or color editing). Please comment and criticize as much as you like.

Yours, Alex .

welcome to the forum, I really like the 2nd the vivid colours seem to work for me

Welcome to the forum.
Your pictures are clear, well-exposed etc but having the main object right in the center of the frame is generally not the best idea. There is no balance or tension in the image. There are clearly exceptions to this but not here.

I would crop most of these.
I suggest that you use hotlinks so that pictures show up here rather than making viewers open other sites.

Thanks for that advice. I'll see about some crops later during this week. In the mean time I've updated the first post with hotlinks. Please keep the C&C coming.

Alex.

Most reactions

Back