Spring is Here! (CC Requested)

ElementX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I was in my backyard and decided to snap a few pictures of the only patch of flowers in the yard. Luckily, the bees could only go to that one patch, so I was able to capture a few pictures haha.
Oh, I already know some of the flowers are blown out so I'd like some other critiques besides that point :)

IMG_4373.jpg
IMG_4352.jpg
IMG_4334.jpg

First off, welcome to TPF ;)

#2 is the best of the bunch, but all three still need quite a bit of work. Technically, you need a faster shutter speed to prevent the blurring you can see in #2 from the twig moving. #2 is also the only one of the bunch that is properly exposed (color wise), so focus on working on that. Compositionally, however, #2 still needs some work. The shot is interesting, but the twig is incredibly distracting with all the movement you see to the right. Next time, try to narrow your field of view ("zoom in"), and shoot just the bee and the flower in portrait to really show off how the bee is reaching up into the petals. Also, watch your focus, it doesn't appear that the bee is as sharp as it should be.

As for the others, I'm sure people will have comments. As for me, the blade of grass in #3 blocking the bee just kills it, among other problems. I'm just not a fan of the composition of #1, nor the exposure.

Your on the right track, just remember to mind those shutter speeds and other factors which contribute to proper exposure.

First off, welcome to TPF ;)

#2 is the best of the bunch, but all three still need quite a bit of work. Technically, you need a faster shutter speed to prevent the blurring you can see in #2 from the twig moving. #2 is also the only one of the bunch that is properly exposed (color wise), so focus on working on that. Compositionally, however, #2 still needs some work. The shot is interesting, but the twig is incredibly distracting with all the movement you see to the right. Next time, try to narrow your field of view ("zoom in"), and shoot just the bee and the flower in portrait to really show off how the bee is reaching up into the petals. Also, watch your focus, it doesn't appear that the bee is as sharp as it should be.

As for the others, I'm sure people will have comments. As for me, the blade of grass in #3 blocking the bee just kills it, among other problems. I'm just not a fan of the composition of #1, nor the exposure.

Your on the right track, just remember to mind those shutter speeds and other factors which contribute to proper exposure.
Okay thanks for the advice :)
I'll have to try again when I have time haha

I certainly agree with Togalive. That vibrating twig just kills the entire composition. I actually like pic 1 as it's the only one that you can see the whole Bee. Picture 3 is just poorly composed, where yoou actually have to look for the bee.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back