What's new

Spring is here!

Very nice work. Sping is not here in Connecticut, the polar vertex returns this weekend.
 
way too much OOF in #1 for me. almost looks like a lensbaby kinda picture, and a bit overpowering.
instead of drawing my attention to the flower, i find the huge OOF area distracting me from it.

#2 is nice. I like the color and WB here.
I personally prefer a little more DOF for people pictures.
I don't mind the horizontal shot here, even though portrait orientation seems like it would be "proper", but i would have liked the top of her head
in the frame a little better I think.
 
Thanks for your thoughts :)

@Brian, I hope it warms up soon for you!
 
#1 looks better, seen larger, on FLickr than it does here. I liked this shot on Facebook, but here, it doesn't look as good....seems lower in resolution than it did on FB... Hmmm.................it's weird, at 1,600 pixels wide on Flickr, the out of focus parts have a less-annoying look than they do here, so I see what Pixmedic is saying...it looks a bit "fuzzy" here on TPF....still though I like the shallow DOF with the focus just on the single pink peach tree bloom. What REALLY makes this picture are her little arms; look at the way her arm leads to the bloom, and look at the lower right corner, and that little twig across the arm on a diagonal...what a perfect detail! The barren,empty twigs, and then her arms, and the bloom. Pink is a little girl color...so on,so on. Just a really cute picture.

Anyway, speaking of shallow DOF and the Lensbaby, I like the original Lensbaby, the one with the reallllly chromatic aberration-filled simple lens system; the second version, with the multi-element, much-sharper lens I liked less; the latest Lensbaby versions have optics that are so sharp that they basically ruined the whole system.
 
Thanks Derrel. Like you, I was drawn to the way her arms formed a triangle around the bloom. For me it frames it so well and leads my eye around the photo.

I don't have a lensbaby but I do love shooting pretty wide open. And yes Ron, it's true...never gets cold, that's why I love it here!
 
The several feet of snow on the ground here in Maritime Canada tells me spring is not in our location yet!
 
Nice pictures with very warm feel. Well, apparently taken with love.
But wait a minute, what spring are you referring to ? Day 190 ? Day 191 ? That's a middle of summer. (When starting the count from January 1st.)
 
Nice pictures with very warm feel. Well, apparently taken with love.
But wait a minute, what spring are you referring to ? Day 190 ? Day 191 ? That's a middle of summer. (When starting the count from January 1st.)

Thank you timor :)

As for the day confusion, I started my 365 in September...a little unconventional I guess ;D
 
As for the day confusion, I started my 365 in September...a little unconventional I guess ;D
You've got me here. :biglaugh:
But... it's not fair. We here in Toronto are still suffering -30C (-22F) with chill factor. Brr...:pale:
 
I know...its weird LOL. I started it a few weeks after I upgraded my camera body. I needed a project :D
 
Four below outside and were expecting snow this afternoon/evening. I'm not sure where spring flitted off too, but it's most certainly not "here" here. Lol

Its "HERE" silly, high of 80 today. Not to make you jealous or anything....
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom