What's new

Spring Lizard

JustinBloch

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
56
Reaction score
18
Location
Atlanta
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw this green anole out of the corner of my eye when I was out side today. Again I just had my 50mm so it was hard to get close to him. I really want a Sigma 180mm macro for shots like this, oh well. I usually stay away from extreme cropping but I think it worked out OK here. I was told to stray away from center focusing as well, so here is something a bit different.
Original edit:
dsc0042sz.jpg
 
Last edited:
Love it. Feels a little oversaturated but the off center focusing is fantastic!
 
Thank you. I went a little overboard on the vibrance. I just wanted his fan to really pop.
 
Nice job with the composition and framing. I really like this photo.
 
I really like it! I love the fact that it takes me a second to find the focal point. Like an eye spy book. Lol
 
Thanks for the compliments. I really want to go buy a chameleon now...
 
Great composition! Love it!
The background is just too bright for me... any chance to make it darker and enlight a little bit the lizard?

Regards,
LizardKing
 
I'll do a re-edit when I get home. It looked fine on my Mac but when I saw it on my iPhone it was blown out. Thanks
 
Here's an attempt at a re-edit. I don't know how I feel about it. What I did is made a new layer and put the mode to soft light. I then airbrushed black at 60% over everything but the lizard, then did about 30% white over him. I'm sure there is other techniques I could have used, But this is what I use in automotive photography. What do you guys think?
dsc0042ss.jpg
 
Better, but still WAY WAY too green for my tastes. I'd like to see it desaturated at little in the background. The lizard is great but the background is just too much for me.
 
I agree with InnatelyKait. I'm really digging this lizard, just wish the background wasn't so eye-grabbing. With the background toned down, I'd like this as a desktop background.
 
Thanks guys, I'll try another edit.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom