Spring Scapes On The Ridge

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I haven't posted any landscapes in a while, due to a few reasons. For one thing, I've been waiting for the weather to cooperate, since we've had nothing but rain on and off for weeks. Also, I just don't have much time to run off by myself and shoot landscapes much between work and family. But even though I was on a strict time limit today before I was supposed to be somewhere else (I had 30 minutes tops), I managed to go off to a favorite spot and get some captures. The sky and folliage were so rich in color today, I just couldn't resist. C&C always welcome. Thanks for looking. I appreciate it. :)

IMG_3713_tone_sig.jpg

IMG_3728_tone_sig.jpg

IMG_3739_tone_sig_red.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

NJ

Beautiful shots. We had clouds just like those in the Twin Cities today, and I was seeing shot after shot after shot while we were driving. Unfortunately I didn't have the camera or time!

Our spring green (the kind as is being portrayed here, by most favourite green of all!) has now been replaced by the deeper, fuller, darker summer green, as the leaves have grown to their full size already. Therefore I just LOVE to see it again in your photos here! And the sky was MAGNIFICENT! Feels like a real pity you would not go for an extended walk in those hills! I would have loved to do that if I had been in your spot.

Beautiful shots. We had clouds just like those in the Twin Cities today, and I was seeing shot after shot after shot while we were driving.

Thanks Marcus!

That's probably because I shot these only 2 hours southeast of the twin cities.

Unfortunately I didn't have the camera or time!

Don't you hate it when that happens? That's how I feel 95% of the time. :(

Our spring green (the kind as is being portrayed here, by most favourite green of all!) has now been replaced by the deeper, fuller, darker summer green, as the leaves have grown to their full size already. Therefore I just LOVE to see it again in your photos here! And the sky was MAGNIFICENT! Feels like a real pity you would not go for an extended walk in those hills! I would have loved to do that if I had been in your spot.

Thanks Corinna. During the last month, the leaves just seemed to pop in really fast. So, I wanted to catch some scenes before they grew in full and dark. Thank you for the nice comments! :)

damb nice shots- that's depth!

Now I gottago learn stuff.

How you do that?--Any tips for us heathens?

I love the colors in the first 2. The clouds really make the shots. They make the landscape seem so vast, but the path and dandelions make it a little more personal.

Not as fond of the black and white image though.

damb nice shots- that's depth!

Now I gottago learn stuff.

How you do that?--Any tips for us heathens?

Are you kidding? One of the all time greatest landscape photographers on TPF is asking me for tips? ;)

Well, I can give you 3 things that helped with these shots in particular:
1. AEB 3 images with aperature f/8.0 (in camera)
2. Lots of selective dodging (in post)
3. Soft light blend at 50% opacity

:)

I love the colors in the first 2. The clouds really make the shots. They make the landscape seem so vast, but the path and dandelions make it a little more personal.

Not as fond of the black and white image though.

Hey, thanks for your comments. :)

What a great opportunity! I'm glad you had the time to take them and awesome for you to take the time to share them with us! They're just beautiful.

:clap:

I look forward to your landscape posts very much - you live in such a beautiful part of the world, and you are so skilled at composing and capturing that beauty. I too love the bright greens of spring buds. And the layered clouds here add so much to the shot.

Thanks for sharing these.

What a great opportunity! I'm glad you had the time to take them and awesome for you to take the time to share them with us! They're just beautiful.

Many thanks Kathi! :)

:clap:

I look forward to your landscape posts very much - you live in such a beautiful part of the world, and you are so skilled at composing and capturing that beauty. I too love the bright greens of spring buds. And the layered clouds here add so much to the shot.

Thanks for sharing these.

You are a sweetheart for saying such kind words! Thank you Anti, you made my day! :)

NJMAN... The second is great. The red path adds sooooooooooooooo much to the overall picture. Great colors!!! The clouds were cooperating with you that day weren't they.

NJMAN... The second is great. The red path adds sooooooooooooooo much to the overall picture. Great colors!!! The clouds were cooperating with you that day weren't they.

Hey thanks a lot Chris! Yes, I suppose they were cooperating, werent they. :)

And thanks for the POTM nomination! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back