St. Augustine Day 2 Part 1

Dioboleque

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Despite the total lack of attention the first set got, here is day 2. Likes? Dislikes? Suggestions? Thanks! :sillysmi:

1. Sunrise over the Bay of Matanzas...

2. The Castillo de San Marcos...

3. The Castillo de San Marcos...

4. The Castillo de San Marcos...

5. The Castillo de San Marcos...

6. The Castillo de San Marcos...

7. The Face of Osceola, on the side of the Castillo de San Marcos (also in #5)...

8. Flagler Memorial Presbyterian Church...

9. Flagler Memorial Presbyterian Church...

10. Flagler Memorial Presbyterian Church...

11. Flagler College, formerly the Ponce de Leon Hotel...

12. Clocktower in the plaza...

I think you will find if you post one photo, two at the most at a time you will receive replies.

For a dozen pictures in a set it may be best to show one and link the rest to a gallery off site...

#1 - dark picture of small boats and blown out sky

#2 - dark picture of.... see where this is going?

#8 and the rest are pretty good.

What camera, lens, settings, time of day? Etc...

Sometimes placing things into context will help, for instance, it was a dark and cloudy day but... :)

Then perhaps you could receive advice on adjusting the exposure, etc for those conditions.

Cheers, Don

Interesting but....

Still no camera data and way too much work to find out it's a jpeg of such and such a size :)

Thanks for the link though, could come in handy.

Cheers, Don

Interesting but....

Still no camera data and way too much work to find out it's a jpeg of such and such a size :)

Thanks for the link though, could come in handy.

Cheers, Don

Well sorry - i blew the link... here's the first image with the right link

most of the time, the tool does give much more info including the camera/lens etc... but sometimes that data has been stripped somehow.

i've used the tip on the site about putting a bookmark (i'm in safari - it will work in firefox too) on my bookmark bar and one click usually gives me tons of data... don't have to copy and paste that way.

This is all I see, plus the image of course....

JFIF
JFIF Version1.1Resolution96 pixels/inch
File — basic information derived from the file.
Bits Per Sample8Color Components3Encoding ProcessBaseline DCT, Huffman codingFile TypeJPEGImage Size375 × 500MIME Typeimage/jpegY Cb Cr Sub SamplingYCbCr4:4:4 (1 1)

Wanna translate? :)

Cheers, Don

Ohhhhhh Mitch,

I like that :)

Do you have any suggestions for "saving" the data?

I usually do very little work in Master except convert raw to jpeg or tiff and then work in Photoshop but all the info is lost??

Cheers, Don

Do you have any suggestions for "saving" the data?

I usually do very little work in Master except convert raw to jpeg or tiff and then work in Photoshop but all the info is lost??

Cheers, Don

Don, i'm no expert on PS etc, but i haven't ever lost any EXIF data in my images when editing with Aperture, PS, or even Lightzone... so i'm not sure what you're doing. Maybe there's some help somewhere... tho a quick google search found lots of info... not sure if this post helps or not

Thanks Mitch,

I'll look into it, seems it would be worth the time to learn how to save that data.... I can tell you I have an older version of PS (5 LS) and I can't open raw files directly from the camera, sigh...

Cheers, Don

PS Dioboleque, you out there? :)

Wow, alot of action since I last looked...

Don ~ Thanks for the comments! I probably should take more time when posting but... I've been doing it at work so I'm usually in a hurry! So here's the story... I got my first digital camera for this trip 2 yrs ago, nothing fancy, a Kodak Z740 w/ 10x zoom, so these pictures are really the first I took with it. I didn't know anything about aperture or shutter speed back then so all were shot in Auto. All the EXIF data should be on my flickr which the photos link directly to their flickr pages (I guess I should point that out also), although it seems the times are incorrect.

#1 is actually the sunrise over the boats, it was an overcast morning and the white blob at the top is the sun behind the clouds... it was overcast for most of the first 8. I should also mention that I have a thing for silhouettes against the sunrise/sunset so making the foreground dark is a personal preference, but I felt that 3 on were properly exposed for the conditions. You're right about how many I posted, but I couldn't narrow it down and most were of the same subject but different perspectives so I did it anyway.

Cameron ~ #7 is a portrait so to speak of the Face of Osceola which is on the outside of the Castillo de San Marcos. I went on a ghost tour and the guide explained there was a legend that the shape was the face of Osceola who was held prisoner at the fort. It also appears in #5.

Most reactions

Back