St. Paul Cathedral

Very nice shot. love the sky

I love the clarity, the colours and the perspective. Beautiful shot.

Regardless whether the distortion was planned, I still think the tilt should be fixed.

Other than that, I don't see anything special about the shot.

Beautiful subject and sky. The distraction is what appears to be a steeply sloped foreground.

I can deal with the distortion; the center lines seem vertical.

I think this is stunning. All I see is a straight building with a very steep road in front, with possibly a small bit of distortion on the far laft side near the first lamp post. Just my 2 cents.

Regardless whether the distortion was planned, I still think the tilt should be fixed.

Other than that, I don't see anything special about the shot.

You're a tough one!

.. the center lines seem vertical.

They're not.
The line nearest the very center of the photo is.

I aligned against this window:

ScreenShot2012-09-22at114652AM_zps97c29019.png

The road adjacent to where I'm standing slopes from right down to the left. The hill I'm standing on slopes from the cathedral down behind me. I was about 250 feet away shooting at 18mm

I'm open to suggestions on how to better align it!

It's aligned fine. Some folks can't see the forest for the trees, is all. I wouldn't worry about it.

You can't please everyone, but look at the consensus of opinions on it.

It's aligned fine. Some folks can't see the forest for the trees, is all. I wouldn't worry about it.

You can't please everyone, but look at the consensus of opinions on it.

Absolutely. Thanks!

I love it. May I ask what setting you used to capture the lights that way? Did you use a tripod? I'm a beginner. Just bought my first DSLR 2 days ago. I have a Nikon D3100 with the kit lens and would love to shoot similar pics someday.

I love it. May I ask what setting you used to capture the lights that way? Did you use a tripod? I'm a beginner. Just bought my first DSLR 2 days ago. I have a Nikon D3100 with the kit lens and would love to shoot similar pics someday.

Here if the EXIF info:

Exposure20
Aperturef/8.0
Focal Length18 mm
ISO Speed100

Tripod. Remote shutter. Custom WB and some post in CS5.

Most reactions

Back