What's new

St Paul Skyline Pano

^^^^^^^Yup. What he said.^^^^^^^^
 
Much better. Maybe even slightly more off the right, you'll have to determine what looks best. So now your main problem is the dilemma of Pano viewing on the web. It's terrible because you can't appreciate the small details until you see it very big.

Luckily, on FlickR you have a 2048 px version. Looking at it bigger I'd suggest a bit more off the right. Maybe crop so only the one tree is at the edge of the frame. Ansel Adams used to sweat bullets when deciding on crops as small as 1/4". He'd get others opinions... But he's absolutely right. Where you crop does make a big difference.

Other than that, nice scene, peaceful colors, good shot!
 
Thank you! For some reason I've been second guessing myself deciding on crops lately.
 
Paul, try midway between the Cathedral and the bright square thing.
 
Where did you shoot this? There are a thousand and one places to shoo Mpls, but not that many to get St. Paul
 
In my opinion crop work better, but how did you try to crop just the right side and more sky to leave all the road.
 
In my opinion crop work better, but how did you try to crop just the right side and more sky to leave all the road.

He still didn't crop it where I suggested. His second attempt was not cropped enough off the right side, and he did not crop the sky, but rather he cropped the bottom, which didn't need any cropping.
 
Oh, still here. Good! IMO, your shot could have been improved quite a lot by a good crop.
 
Thanks, Designer. I'll give it another try with your suggestions this evening!

I've always followed the rule of thirds for most things, but for some reason this one is giving me troubles - thanks y'all for the help.
 
Thanks, Designer. I'll give it another try with your suggestions this evening!

I've always followed the rule of thirds for most things, but for some reason this one is giving me troubles - thanks y'all for the help.

Although I understand the ROT, I don't think everything needs to be goverened by it. Having read your last comment, I visualize that the shot would be divided rather well, with interest fairly evenly divided across the frame. Please leave the well-lighted highway and sky unmolested. I think you will see what I mean. Thank you.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom