St Pete (FL) Triathlon

losttravelerfl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.f8pix.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A couple of runners in the final leg of the triathlon last year. I decided to post this one because it's coming up again next month and I hope to make it again, was a fun morning. For me at least, these guys looked a little tired when they passed by. ;)

166.jpg

No. Just a red x.
Both here and when I try to approach the photo via the scenic route, i.e. by rightclicking the red x, copying the URL and pasting and calling it... sorry. What went wrong?

[Yaaaay, the image now appears!]

Good photo of two entrants in a grueling event. Nice and colourful, good dof, and I love the look of the sunlight on their skin. You nicely captured the 'feel' of them whizzing past you, in full stride, intent on finishing.

[I can't imagine it's very comfortable to run in the wet clothing from the swim portion (you can see the second guy has just peeled down the top part of his farmer-john wetsuit, or whatever you call them).]

Well, Jeanne, triathlon competition clothing is designed to be like this and dries very, very fast, too (the material is such). So I guess these are no longer wet from their swimming, less so even since the bicycling part comes between the swimming and the running. I guess they are sweating :D.

And you don't only have to be fast in the swimming, the cycling and the running ... you also have to be fast in the changing stations! Changing is part of the regular triathlon training. I happen to know that ... my son does triathlon.

Oops, forgot to say something about the photo as such: well captured. Wonderful DOF, very good focus, good action, you got one of these two "airborne", nothing of his body was in connection with the ground when you took the pic ... good!!!

I appreciate the comments. I too like this pic because it turned out so colorful, and that I got lucky and caught the one guy just before his foot hit the ground again. The guy in red's name was Kevin, I only know because I ended up standing next to one of the "triathlete wives" and she knew almost all of the top level competitors. The best source for inside information!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back