What's new

Stacked...

Montana

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 27, 2008
Messages
1,533
Reaction score
0
Location
Eastern Montana
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I bought some of the "Chef's Mat" cutting mat for use with a home made ringlight and another sheet of it for a difusser for continuous lighting from one of those cheap yellow shop lights. Well, I went to take some close up shots of some beads and noticed the slight reflective properties of the mat. So, I took some undiffused shots of some beads instead. LOL

You can see a slight shadow/reflection on the mat surface. I plan to experiment some more...

Derrick

Stacked.jpg
 
Nice experiment. I take it said reflection is not really what you expect from such kind of mat?
 
Nice experiment. I take it said reflection is not really what you expect from such kind of mat?

Well, it is when I thought about it. I have done very little still life and the bit that I have done was on felt or fabric. I just thought it was pretty cool. I bet it would make for killer bug macros if you could get one to sit there long enough. LOL

Derrick
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom