Stand up comedy - ?

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Has anyone ever tried this? I know there's some pretty hilarious characters here, just wondering if anyone has any experience or advice. I'm waiting to build up some solid material myself. Have about 7 minutes worked out, just trying to close of the bit with something floor smashing.

Hey bro...are you doing the contest on Q107. They are lookin for the funniest person with a day job. :thumbup::thumbup: Ya can win some $$$<<no not dollar signs..but the real thang.

Hey bro...are you doing the contest on Q107. They are lookin for the funniest person with a day job. :thumbup::thumbup: Ya can win some $$$<<no not dollar signs..but the real thang.

No i hadn't heard about this. I don't listen to the radio. The radio is for oldtimers.

oldtimer.:greenpbl:

i'm really not that funny either. like i know a lot of people way funnier than me, but none of them actually have the balls to get on stage.

i however wouldn't have enough material for a whole competition. it's hard enough finding enough as it is.

To get your feet wet, you can do a dry run-through of your set at a bar and invite your friends/family as the audience on a night that's traditionally quiet at whatever bar you choose. They'll be a more receptive audience than a gathering of strangers, but you'll get the experience of standing up before a crowd of people, working on your timing and pacing and stage presence, and hopefully you can get some constructive feedback afterwards. (A friend of a friend did this a few years ago and found it was a huge help).

Don't know if the advice is any good, but you can check out sites like http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/syws/standup/standup.html

There are also workshops re improv comedy, but it doesn't sound like that's what you're after.

I did a quick google search on "Toronto comedy workshops" and came up with quite a few hits, so look into that as well.

A skeleton walks into a bar.
Orders a pint and a mop.

Thank you...I'll be here all night.

i missed you guys.

I say...Anti gets the gig with that one liner. :lmao::lmao:
throwroses.sml.gif
Thank you, thank you very much. I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

And Hertz brings up a good point...have some zingers prepared to deal with hecklers (you know, along the lines of "Isn't it tragic when cousins marry?")

throwroses.sml.gif

And Hertz brings up a good point...have some zingers prepared to deal with hecklers.

my friends will be the only hecklers in the audience. and i've been dealing with them for years.

"Hey paul you balding f&^k, you're not funny"
"Joe...i had sex with your girlfriend last night..."

**..........laughter from everyone except friend.**

throwroses.sml.gif
Thank you, thank you very much. I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

And Hertz brings up a good point...have some zingers prepared to deal with hecklers (you know, along the lines of "Isn't it tragic when cousins marry?")

Ask them what the heckler is their problem anyways. :lmao::lmao:

You could always say..... "If you dont stop heckling me, I will come down to McDonalds and heckle you tomorrow"

Most reactions

Back