What's new

Standing around

3bayjunkie

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
576
Reaction score
12
Location
United States of America
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A photo of my son letting me take a picture of him.

:: Canon EOS 1 v :: 50mm f/2 :: Fujicolor Pro 400H ::
 

Attachments

  • $scot01.webp
    $scot01.webp
    189.9 KB · Views: 82
cute kid. I personally don't like the camera tilt.. Feels like the image is sliding
 
i too hold the same two opinions as Burgh

Regards :D
 
Last edited:
I concur with Burgh also.. on both points...
 
Thanks for the input. I think the tilt adds more interest to the photo. I do it with a lot of my photos, but not all of them. Your cropping is nice Frequency. The only problem i see is you lose some of the foreground elements that add detail to the photo. Thanks again for looking :)
 
Thanks for the input. I think the tilt adds more interest to the photo. I do it with a lot of my photos, but not all of them. Your cropping is nice Frequency. The only problem i see is you lose some of the foreground elements that add detail to the photo. Thanks again for looking :)

You would be surprised how ofter we hear that! Usually from people with very little experience in photography. It is very popular with that genre... as is instagram, and selective color! :) lol!
 
Thanks for the input. I think the tilt adds more interest to the photo. I do it with a lot of my photos, but not all of them. Your cropping is nice Frequency. The only problem i see is you lose some of the foreground elements that add detail to the photo. Thanks again for looking :)

You would be surprised how ofter we hear that! Usually from people with very little experience in photography. It is very popular with that genre... as is instagram, and selective color! :) lol!


Uhoh.......
 
Thanks for the input. I think the tilt adds more interest to the photo. I do it with a lot of my photos, but not all of them. Your cropping is nice Frequency. The only problem i see is you lose some of the foreground elements that add detail to the photo. Thanks again for looking :)

You would be surprised how ofter we hear that! Usually from people with very little experience in photography. It is very popular with that genre... as is instagram, and selective color! :) lol!

Uhoh.......

That was not aimed at the OP, and I doubt that they will take it that way! It is also an entirely true statement.... as many here will attest to! :)
 
You would be surprised how ofter we hear that! Usually from people with very little experience in photography. It is very popular with that genre... as is instagram, and selective color! :) lol!

Uhoh.......

Well im not sure I can agree with that. If you shoot all of your portraits perfectly level and centered you are going to have a pretty boring portfolio. I shoot some photos proper, but sometimes you have to break the rules. here is another photo I took from the same day.



$00000023.webp
 
Looks like focus was on the shirt sleeve.. eyelashes, ear and face in general, are all soft (OOF). Plus I personally feel it would have been better shot in portrait mode without such tight framing. Definitely need more DOF, or at least more accurate focus. Not a big fan of the OOF really bright highlight under his chin either.. it draws the eye.
 
cgipson1 said:
Looks like focus was on the shirt sleeve.. eyelashes, ear and face in general, are all soft (OOF). Plus I personally feel it would have been better shot in portrait mode without such tight framing. Definitely need more DOF, or at least more accurate focus. Not a big fan of the OOF really bright highlight under his chin either.. it draws the eye.

Youre right, it did catch the focus on his shirt. But still i think it captured good expression in his face, that is why i shared it. Thanks for looking.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum
 
Photo's of cherished ones are sometimes hard to critique, or to listen to our own being critiqued. Cute little man. I have sons myself and love them to bits, but when I put them on here I have to put those feelings aside and listen to the technical side of the picture in order to better myself as I'm sure we are all trying to do. Your son is adorable and I think many here would agree. We as parents just need to understand that our "children" aren't the ones being critiqued. :)
 
to me, tilted photos in the mix of a portfolio say "I'm trying to be different, but ruining a good picture". That's what I think in general, not directed at anyone in particular. I have yet to find a tilt I think is good.
 
to me, tilted photos in the mix of a portfolio say "I'm trying to be different, but ruining a good picture". That's what I think in general, not directed at anyone in particular. I have yet to find a tilt I think is good.

I agree.. if one looks at PRO photos (not Face Book Pro's).. they hardly (if ever) shoot tilted! There is probably a reason for that.... and I doubt that many would call their portfolios boring!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom