Stange picture... What could cause this?

ArkhamAsylum

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was hoping some people could shed some light on this picture. Junior dos Santos (the fighter with his back to the camera) appears to have three hands... The other fighter (Mirko Cro Cop) is wearing red tape on his gloves, while JDS is wearing blue tape (the tape color signifies which corner the fighter is in.)

The picture is from the UFC official website, so I'm assuming it's not photoshopped. What could cause this anomaly? Double exposure? Camera glitch? Also, I'm not sure if it was a digital or film camera, but I'm guessing digital, so I put it here.

Thanks for your help!

Mirko Cro Cop Photo Gallery:

http://media.ufc.tv/i.cfc?method=get&w=550&cs=1&s=D7408871-1422-0E8C-9AF4B4548B900B05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like maybe JDS's glove has come off. We can clearly see both of Mirko's gloves and his hands in them. We can see the blue taped glove, but not a hand in it...and also, we can't really see JDS's hand. (either hand, for that matter)....so it seems logical to assume that the glove (or part of it) simple came loose and is thus in such a weird position.

It looks like maybe JDS's glove has come off. We can clearly see both of Mirko's gloves and his hands in them. We can see the blue taped glove, but not a hand in it...and also, we can't really see JDS's hand. (either hand, for that matter)....so it seems logical to assume that the glove (or part of it) simple came loose and is thus in such a weird position.

Not a bad conclusion, but I've seen the fight, JDS's glove never comes off, or is even loose. Plus it looks like he has two forearms. It's freakin' weird.:confused:

I would say funny arm angle combined with the long focal length just produced a weird perspective that is tricking the eye.

The arm in the background is MCC's and no doubt would be red tape.

My guess as to what happened is that JDS has gone for a punch, MCC has gone to block (yeah I'm a genius :) ), and in the process JDS's fist has hit MCC's right forearm and forced his arm uncomfortably behind his back. The funny collision angle + camera angle makes JDS's forearm look huge and thus almost look like the gloves should be other way around.

Most reactions

Back