What's new

stanley hotel

bjfowle

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
81
Reaction score
1
Location
Arlington, Tx
I can't decide if I like the color or black and white better.

vacation0005.jpg


vacation0005bw.jpg


all comments and critiques are welcomed
 
B&W for the sky & colour for the hotel & it's red roof!:lol:

It might be an idea to use the transform tool in PS to straighten out those walls too before the hotel collapses! :lol:
 
Colour. Especially love the blues and reds!
 
Love both of them!
 
thanks for the comments, the colors on the print actually look better than the scan
 
the values and contrast of the BW are great, but I like the color one more!
 
The building's falling over!! lol, good capture! Nice clouds and contrasts.

Rob
 
That is what I was feeling, now darin3200 is using the right word for it: the black and white version looks more classic.

Therefore I must say: both versions are good, but the atmosphere they convey is different.

Hey, all my building photos look like this, i.e. as if the buildings were falling over! Is there a tool in PS that can remedy the effect? For this kind of contortion is one reason (one of few only, I should add) why I don't QUITE so much like my compact digital camera... (All in all I like it A LOT, actually).
 
thanks for the comments everyone. i would like to revisit this picture sometime but since i live in texas and the hotel is in colorado it will probably be a while.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom