Star Trails

saltface

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are just a few shots I took out camping. It's funny how you don't mind getting up at three to start a new shot. Must be the excitement at possibly getting a good shot.

I know these aren't the best compositions, but they're the best I had available. Any suggestions on post processing?

OffCenter.jpg

Vertical.jpg

Gray.jpg

I want to try this.How is it done?

I'd really recommend hitting the pawn shops for an old full manual film camera if you want to do this on a budget.
I've heard of people using generators for external power on DSLRs. Otherwise, a three hour exposure, such as the last one (well, actually 2.6716 based on the arc length) will definitely kill a battery. You'll also want to cool a DSLR to reduce noise.

I really like #3. It has the crispest focus, least light polution, and a bonus of the small meteor and the plane trail in it...very nice.:thumbup:

I really like #3. It has the crispest focus, least light polution, and a bonus of the small meteor and the plane trail in it...very nice.:thumbup:

Funny, I always hate the plane trails.
Focus can be touchy on these pictures as post process noise reduction can make everything a little blurry.

Most reactions

Back