Star Villa

I also prefer the first. The light is quite lovely. My only niggle (just personal for me and I know others may see differently) is that I do also prefer to see this type of shot without humans. Very subjective I suppose.

Reactions: ntz
I also prefer the first. The light is quite lovely. My only niggle (just personal for me and I know others may see differently) is that I do also prefer to see this type of shot without humans. Very subjective I suppose.

yeah, we went to the park with kids and my missus after lunch for afternoon walkabout ... I persuaded the family to wait for a sunset (resp. to wait for sun going low) .. they all started to be angry (kids because it was cold and missus because "omg, photography first again" ...), there were a lot of ppl, I simply didn't have a time for to wait for a perfect shot without ppl .. this one was took already when we were leaving .. I tried sabotaging our leaving best as I could but simply no luck for me ... I didn't hit a moment without ppl

yeah, we went to the park with kids and my missus after lunch for afternoon walkabout ... I persuaded the family to wait for a sunset (resp. to wait for sun going low) .. they all started to be angry (kids because it was cold and missus because "omg, photography first again" ...), there were a lot of ppl, I simply didn't have a time for to wait for a perfect shot without ppl .. this one was took already when we were leaving .. I tried sabotaging our leaving best as I could but simply no luck for me ... I didn't hit a moment without ppl

All understood and I feel your frustration :D.

A couple of clicks in pp if you're inclined but not a life or death issue at all;)

i like the light in the first, but the symmetry in the second appeals to me more.

if there's crowds i'll shoot a bunch of photos, stack them and remove the people that way. this works great as long as they're moving around and not just standing in one spot. photoshop has a tool to remove them automatically, i've done it that way and also by hand.

i like the light in the first, but the symmetry in the second appeals to me more.

if there's crowds i'll shoot a bunch of photos, stack them and remove the people that way. this works great as long as they're moving around and not just standing in one spot. photoshop has a tool to remove them automatically, i've done it that way and also by hand.

I was lightweight \wo tripod ...

I was lightweight \wo tripod ...
still works, just takes a little longer to align the images. i once shot 150 shots from a bouncing catwalk in a museum without a tripod.

still works, just takes a little longer to align the images. i once shot 150 shots from a bouncing catwalk in a museum without a tripod.

will try that next time .. to be honest, I never did so .. how you do that please ? Images in layers and white layer mask on topmost and painting ppl black ?

will try that next time .. to be honest, I never did so .. how you do that please ? Images in layers and white layer mask on topmost and painting ppl black ?

give me til monday to get something together. i'm stuck at work this weekend. but it's an easy technique. i'll post the photo from the museum in the meantime.

I'll take number one for the win, Danford.

I like the colors in #1. And understand the family thing! If I don’t have my tripod and all my gear I’m “ unprepared “. If I do have it I’m always feeling rushed and “ not again” by family. Can’t win!

Most reactions

Back