What's new

Starscape

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Sep 3, 2013
Messages
5,520
Reaction score
1,866
Location
Appleton, WI
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A great moonless night, but a little more light pollution than I'd like. Lit only by the stars. CC welcome.

Starscape by longm1985, on Flickr
 
Shutter speed looks a bit long... How many seconds? A minute?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
115. ISO 6400, too. I wanted to get as many stars as possible, but make it look kinda like daylight. That was my goal, at least. You say too long of an exposure, well, you're prooobably right by 90 or so seconds, really.
 
115. ISO 6400, too. I wanted to get as many stars as possible, but make it look kinda like daylight. That was my goal, at least. You say too long of an exposure, well, you're prooobably right by 90 or so seconds, really.

Yeah, just too much movement in some stars for my taste.

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Star trails will start to form if shutter speed is > [500/(lens focal length)] = X secs. Some use 600 as a standard while I prefer 500.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Star trails will start to form if shutter speed is > [500/(lens focal length)] = X secs. Some use 600 as a standard while I prefer 500.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With everything from 18 to 200mm I have never once been able to get the 600 formula to work.
With an 18mm, the absolute max I have ever been able to get without the start of a trail was 24 second...max.
 
I am NOOO expert, but can you go back with this new info that has been supplied? I am heading out in a few days at some attempts also:)
Nancy
 
It's lit a little bit by stars and mostly by air glow from the light pollution.

Try and arrange it so cities are behind you when you want to shoot stars.
 
You might try some editing.
I corrected the white balance and added contrast.

149Edit20031399_dbf13a25df_c.jpg
 
Star trails will start to form if shutter speed is > [500/(lens focal length)] = X secs. Some use 600 as a standard while I prefer 500.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With everything from 18 to 200mm I have never once been able to get the 600 formula to work.
With an 18mm, the absolute max I have ever been able to get without the start of a trail was 24 second...max.

Try 500...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom