Starting Photography Class Tomorrow...

Ballistics

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
...And I am very excited about it. I just learned that it is a web-enabled course which means that we have classroom time, and then our assignments are listed and posted online for everyone to view. I thought that was a pretty cool touch. I also just learned that we would also being using photoshop as well which was not listed on the syllabus. Thought that was pretty cool as well.

This is ART145, Digital Photography I. The main goal of this class is to teach you how to use a digital camera and Adobe Photoshop. It is a very "hands-on" class. It is NOT an on-line class, but it is web-enabled. That means that the class meets face-to-face like a typical class, but that all of the class hand-outs are presented here, on-line, not in the classroom.
Get into the habit of checking this website regularly. Just about every week I will post a "hand-out" for the next assignment. I highly recommend that you down-load these, print them out at home, and take them with you when you shoot the new assignment.

My main goal for this course is to be proficient at my camera. I picked this class because a DSLR is required in order to take this class. It's for photography majors but I put in a request to take a portion of the degree program. I don't know what to expect, but all I really wish is that I learn something.

Good luck with it - I'm very please with my local university certification program.

Great.. you should have a lot of fun with it, and learn a lot! I would love to be a "official" student again.... just don't have the time!

Great.. you should have a lot of fun with it, and learn a lot! I would love to be a "official" student again.... just don't have the time!

Yeah, fortunately for me going to school is my full time job thanks to the Gi Bill. Wouldn't be possible with out it.

If youre a student at a university you can get a major discount on adobe products. you can get a student copy of light room 3 for $80 or a full version of PS 5 for only $200. i would recommend both if you have the cash.

Last edited:
Good luck with the class! Just finishing up a similar one myself tomorrow. Any time you can discuss and show and troubleshoot among others while learning the "right" way to approach things like aperture and white balance and composition you're bound to get better at the craft and hone your skills and find your personal touch.

Have fun in the class. Hope you share some of what you learn with us.

If youre a student at a university you can get a major discount on adobe products. you can get a student copy of light room 3 for $80 or a full version of PS 5 for only $200. i would recommend both if you have the cash.

I have PS cs5 already. =]

Good luck with the class! Just finishing up a similar one myself tomorrow. Any time you can discuss and show and troubleshoot among others while learning the "right" way to approach things like aperture and white balance and composition you're bound to get better at the craft and hone your skills and find your personal touch.

This is honestly what I am hoping to acquire through learning.

I wanted to take a class at my local community college just to pick up some more knowledge. Unfortunately, my wife is a teacher and coaches basketball in the fall/winter and since we only have one car there was no way to make it work. Guess I'll just have to do reading on my own when she's coaching. Good luck with the course - hope you get what you want out of it.

I wanted to take a class at my local community college just to pick up some more knowledge. Unfortunately, my wife is a teacher and coaches basketball in the fall/winter and since we only have one car there was no way to make it work. Guess I'll just have to do reading on my own when she's coaching. Good luck with the course - hope you get what you want out of it.

I don't know what its like in WV but in most states where I have lived they have public transportation to all schools. Maybe you should grab a local bus schedule?

The college is over in Ohio. Our local public transportation sucks. I live in a dying/dead steel area - I'd likely get mugged for my camera on the bus if one did actually run when I would need it to. It's sad but true. I appreciate the suggestion, though.

The college is over in Ohio. Our local public transportation sucks. I live in a dying/dead steel area - I'd likely get mugged for my camera on the bus if one did actually run when I would need it to. It's sad but true. I appreciate the suggestion, though.

I don't blame you honestly, I lived in Philly for a few years and public transportation was something resembling social services lol.

Enjoy your new adventure! Stop by & let us know the exciting things you're picking up. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back