Starting Photography Class Tomorrow...

Will do wirthrunner and thank you.

For anyone who is interested, the text book I picked up today for class is called Short Course in Digital Photography

viewimg.ashx

Looks a little mickey mouse to me.

The college is over in Ohio. Our local public transportation sucks. I live in a dying/dead steel area - I'd likely get mugged for my camera on the bus if one did actually run when I would need it to. It's sad but true. I appreciate the suggestion, though.

I don't blame you honestly, I lived in Philly for a few years and public transportation was something resembling social services lol.

+1 I'd rather hand push a broke down car around town than travel via public transportation.

Sounds great! I'm starting a very similar class myself next week. We can compare notes.

Joe

I'm starting a photography class tomorrow as well! Good luck!

I started class today... the setup is pretty exciting. It's a computer lab with Macs loaded with Adobe Premiere CS5. In class the professor informed us that we do a lot of post processing with photoshop cs5 in class. There are 4 7880(maybe 9880) printers in class which we print each assignment and add to our portfolio. It's a small roster (13+ students) which is nice as well. I think what's also cool, is that the D7000 is pictured in my text book. It seems like this will be a good experience.

Although I'm not always a firm believer in online courses, knowledge aquired in anything is the stepping stone to understanding any subject. It sounds like it should be a comfortable course to work within, learning basics and a greater understanding of photoshop is such an important aspect of photography these days. I took a one day course on photoshop a few years ago, although it was geared more to graphics, I did learn. Take in everything that you learn and then take that into the field and create your own touch. Enjoy it.

Although I'm not always a firm believer in online courses, knowledge aquired in anything is the stepping stone to understanding any subject. It sounds like it should be a comfortable course to work within, learning basics and a greater understanding of photoshop is such an important aspect of photography these days. I took a one day course on photoshop a few years ago, although it was geared more to graphics, I did learn. Take in everything that you learn and then take that into the field and create your own touch. Enjoy it.

It's an actual in class course. Thanks for the tips.

One thing I forgot to leave out... He made it a point to say that our assignments are going to be taken in the JPG format and not RAW. I don't know why that would be.

Ballistics said:
One thing I forgot to leave out... He made it a point to say that our assignments are going to be taken in the JPG format and not RAW. I don't know why that would be.

So I drove an hour to my photography class that had been canceled due to Hurricane Irene. Nobody was notified because the whole state department is offline as well as the colleges - meaning we have no access to school e-mail or school blackboard site!! So, hopefully next week I start school!

Interesting. It could be to avoid a possible conflict caused by students whose cameras can't save RAW files, but if all the students have DSLRs as you suggest then RAW files should be an option for everyone. It may also be that the class doesn't leave room for the time involved to teach RAW file processing. But then what are you going to do with sh*ty JPEGs?

Joe

Perhaps the instructor meant that the final submitted image needed to be a jpeg rather than RAW but that still doesn't make a lot of sense unless trying to deal with different RAW formats would pose a problem. :scratch:

Take all of your photos in RAW+JPEG. Use the JPEGs for the class and keep the RAWs for future use as your skills grow.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back