What's new

Starting photography

StoneO

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 22, 2014
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I have just started to take an interest in photography I bought a T3i kit to mess around with to make sure this is something I want to pursue before I jumped head first into it. Right now I am using a non IS 100 -300 mm lens that came with the kit. Most of you probably know the lens I am referring to. I am posting some pictures with hopes of some pointers or tips to make my photos the best they can.. I do not plan on being a professional I just want pictures I can be proud of.

f0da491121b1dcb673c0d6a64c12017d.jpg


6d27099ef38735976e6a0848ff0fe6da.jpg


4fc03b37554f865266d92009af28a657.jpg


5248bb5439984300251a04964457f75c.jpg


5ffd9aa6cf68d035dadbb8905e7dba34.jpg


921edf6c97fb2d7def834fefde10f95a.jpg
.

Sorry for spelling errors and run on sentences. Typing this on my phone if it doesn't correct it I don't either.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Yea it was a package deal. Camera body and a 50-? Mm lens and a 100-300 mm lens I am mostly interested in wild life so most of the time I need a zoom in.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
What program are you using to process your images? Or are you shooting in .jpeg? #1 was about two more steps and some processing away from being a cool shot.
 
I forget what the name of it is it came on a CD with cannon camera... I don't know really know what would of made that a "cool" shot.. Are we looking for darker colors more detail? Fill me in on what I am missing... I try to read about photography and my eyes glaze over.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I forget what the name of it is it came on a CD with cannon camera... I don't know really know what would of made that a "cool" shot.. Are we looking for darker colors more detail? Fill me in on what I am missing... I try to read about photography and my eyes glaze over.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple of more steps and you would be able to see both firemen completely with all the smoke behind them. Plus some enhancement of the colors and some contrast could have made it really pop. I wouldn't necessarily say darker would be the answer.

If you don't mind someone editing your photos, I would pull that one down and see if I could show you what I mean? I'll have to do it later when I get home from work.
 
I forget what the name of it is it came on a CD with cannon camera... I don't know really know what would of made that a "cool" shot.. Are we looking for darker colors more detail? Fill me in on what I am missing... I try to read about photography and my eyes glaze over.

The app would be Canon Digital Dro Editor. VERY good program, but shows its stuff best with RAW pics...which is what you should be shooting anyways.

BUT I shot a lot of birds and wildlife and know very well that composition takes a back seat to actually getting the shot. Cropping will be needed alost always anyway. Just pay attention to the crop. To avoid to many 'portraits' try and crop by the 'rule of thirds' leaving in enough environment to keep it interesting. With those lower end lens you do NOT want to crop to closely anyways. Later on when you get more adept, and can afford it I HIGHLY recommend the Canon 100-400mm IS USM L lens for your nature shots. With that crop sensor camera the puts its out to around 640mm equivalent, and I guarantee that with shutter speeds less than 1/250 you will need a tripod. So try and keep that lens open, and the shutter seed up. That advise goes for the 300mm you have as well, althoudh I have shot many a bird at 1/125 with that lens and a T2i. Good luck, and don't get so stressed as to lose the enjoyment.
 
I did not notice in picture number 1 until I edited it the firefighter on the left was wearing a cowboy/straw hat of some sort so I edited the photo to hide that because. Let's just face it a straw hat on a firefighter doesn't make sense... But if you wanna play with it. By all means go ahead


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom