Startrail Photography!

Raw photographer

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is one of my favorite kinds of photography, I love taking these images, it takes a whole lot of work, but it's worth it. Anyways enjoy.

Star Trail With Lit Up Steeple.jpg
Startrail.jpg
Startrails with House.jpg

Nice. I’ve been wanting to try this but it will need to be in a vacation as it’s not dark enough at home. A personal taste thing, but for me I like to see a bit of a lighter sky - more dark blue than black - like what you’ve got in the lower right corner of that first photo.

Thanks, yup it's all personal preference for sure, I have tried some lighter sky photos. I just like the dark ones better. if I was going to print this image I would take it back into post and lighten up the sky for sure, as i've found from personal experience that dark areas don't print well at all. Thanks for the feedback.

Nice set, I tried it once, took over an hour to get it right (the trails) but I captured a falling star in the process with one of the attempts that night. That made it all worthwhile.

Nice set, I tried it once, took over an hour to get it right (the trails) but I captured a falling star in the process with one of the attempts that night. That made it all worthwhile.
I've seen quite a few falling stars to, it's cool to see, oh and also airplanes flying through creating more post processing than needed LOL.

Most reactions

Back