Station Agent

dmccarty10

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.davidmccartyphoto.com
There's a short-run tourist train down here at the shore. Some restored trains that run a ten-mile line or so. Strictly tourism. They don't really go anywhere. So I stopped to shoot some of the old trains that don't run. One of the active trains was sitting on a live track and a couple of Engineers were sitting around. I walked up and asked one of them if there was someone I could talk to about shooting inside some of the old trains (they're covered in graffiti and the windows are broken out). The guy looked at me all serious.

"We don't allow people to shoot in the trains," he said with a bit of an attitude. "This is a working railroad."

I stared at him for a second then started to chuckle.

"No," I answered, "This is a tourist attraction. And none of those trains over there are 'working'."

Give me a break. I imagine he lives in a shack behind the tracks and chases trains on his days off.

Anyway, here are some shots I took before running into the 'station agent'. I also posted some color shots for you color hounds like LaPhoto even though I far prefer the b&w. Tell me what you think.

IMG_5775.jpg

IMG_5746.jpg

IMG_5744.jpg

IMG_5745.jpg

IMG_5772.jpg

TrainComp.jpg

Thanks, says the Colour Hound LaFoto (with an F for it is Spanish), :D
But I do know how to appreciate the odd black and white photo, too, believe me! And therefore I must say that I most like the third photo of the lot here (middle of the collage, right?), and that one is black and white only, isn't it? See? :D

Sorry LaFoto. Laughed when I saw your post. What I knew in my brain, and what my fingers typed didn't quite get it together. Realize you also like the b&w but rather than JUST post the b&w's I figured I'd throw in a couple more. :)

i love this style engine...reminds me of the old southern railway system when they had passenger trains that took me along the east coast visiting family when i was...well...younger ;) thanks for sharing!

Good series like your treatment of the trains and the way you framed them. Seems some are leery of photographers, to bad bet the inside would have been interesting also.

Most reactions

Back