What's new

Statue (B&W)

MarkA

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Location
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I quite like this one. I shot it in B&W, and haven't enhanced it in any way. What are your thoughts?

Statues.jpg
 
I like the sillouette effect, I'm a sucker for that. The trees bring in some needed complexity and interest. I think the composition is good, I just wish there was slightly more light on the foreground creeping across the edges.
 
Thanks, Pyrex. To be honest, this was more luck than judgement (no change there then), so didn't really think too much much about lighting the foreground. How would I go about this, bearing in mind it's a point and click camera? Maybe a torch (or two) would do the trick?
 
Interesting; I like it. What/who are the statues of?
 
Interesting; I like it. What/who are the statues of?

It's a statue of some random 'dudes' in the biblical gardens, Elgin, presumably enjoying the atmosphere. I say dudes because the guy on the right is wearing shades & is carrying a huge transistor radio :er:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom