Statue C/C

dslrchat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
forums.dslrchat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took many of this, was real hard to try and get full exposure with out the blow out.
This was taken at night with a lot of spot and lamp posts around.
Shadows everywhere.

cool shot. i have a couple of suggestions that i hope can help.
if you have a lot of light and dark areas i'd use that to your advantage. i like that area around her hands knees and feet. lots of cool shadows and lines. that could be a cool contrasty picture if taken on it's own. mabey just on of the hands. then accentuate that cantrast. if you want the whole image, i'd just under expose it. then your whits wont blow. and you'd get a crisper image. again, focus on the darker mood with lots of shadows. or if you want, PP with Image, Adjustments, Shadows/Highlights and then remove some shadows. that way your highlights wont be blown.
as it is i like the lighting of the scene. it would be fun to shoot. you live near by? if so play around with it. i like it a lot.

Thank you for the comments, I will go back and try some more (with my tripod this time)

Very nice shot, and an ideal candidate for a High-Dynamic Resolution (HDR) Merge. If you have either Photoshop CS2 or or CS3, or PaintShopPro XII, simply take a series of exposures starting off with the brightest or darkest areas, and work your way to the other end of the scale in two stop increments, and the software will use those images to generate a composite that will have most of the dynamic range of the series. A quick Google of "HDR Merge" will give you tons more info.

Most reactions

Back