Steinheil Sample Shots

IronMaskDuval

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
You may have seen my thread the other day about me finding a Steinheil lens. Well, the adapter came in today, and I was able to take some sample shots. Wow, this thing is interesting. There's a cast over the image that gives it a bit of a dreamy looks. I'm not sure if this is a characteristic of the lens or if it's because it's over 60 years old. Either way, here it is with a bit of cinematic color grading.

ADSm.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like a type of flare called veiling flare, because the lens is probably not coated

Would a lens flare even when being used inside or in shade? It's like this with every photo.

It looks like a type of flare called veiling flare, because the lens is probably not coated

Would a lens flare even when being used inside or in shade? It's like this with every photo.
Maybe, i shoot with Leicas and some of my Leica friends have more the 5 diferent models of of a 50mm,35mm and other lengths because each will render an image differently
I would go out and shoot as many different subjects as possible and see what subject the lens really works well with, it could give a nice effect for weddings

Most reactions

New Topics

Back